Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Manager(1537 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
Monitoring and evaluation is very important for the successful implementation of HEDP. The project will have a strong emphasis on monitoring the achievement of the results framework of the MoHE’s higher education program, including the intermediate outcomes, disbursement-linked indicators (DLIs), and outcomes. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for assisting the MoHE and the universities to establish, maintain and implement sound monitoring systems to assess the progress of the overall MoHE program at the level of their respective institutions, with a particular attention to the progress under the HEDP project. The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will also arrange for the Third-Party Validation (TPVs) of the DLIs for the HEDP Project. He/she will monitor all results of the HEDP as given in the results framework of the Project Appraisal Document (PAD), and included in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM). S/he will also assist the MoHE to undertake various evaluations that are useful for the HEDP and for the higher education sector.
|Date Posted:||12 Mar 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 039|
|Closing Date:||25 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Followings are the main duties and responsibilities of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager:
• Monitor all results of the HEDP as given in the results framework of the Project Appraisal Document of HEDP;
• Assist the MoHE and OMST to monitor the higher education program;
• Make arrangements for the Third-Party Validation of the Disbursement Linked Indicators (DLIs);
• Assist the universities and higher education institutions to monitor their development plans;
• Arrange for beneficiary satisfaction surveys;
• Collaborate with the MoHE, OMST and the World Bank in the design and implementation of any evaluations, policy analyses, and studies;
• Arrange for the appropriate dissemination of the results of monitoring and evaluation activities, and studies.
Data Management and Analysis
• Ensure timely collection, management, and dissemination of data for reporting progress towards the project development indicators and project intermediate outcome indicators;
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data;
• Ensure the routinely collected data descriptions/pager guides are available in a timely manner and in a user-friendly format for regular use by MoHE and the World Bank for technical review and planning;
• Establish a sex-disaggregated internal database for the beneficiaries of the project such as OBE-SCL trained academics; scholarships recipients, and researchers;
• Promote and support data use and dissemination of project information among project staff.
• Prepare monthly monitoring reports of the status of agreed actions based on the latest aide memoir to be shared with the Bank;
• Prepare quarterly monitoring reports to include the status of progress on the achievement of results indicators starting from the baseline year to the current year, to be shared with the World Bank;
• Prepare consolidated quarterly project progress reports on the key tasks implemented by HEDP to be shared with MoHE and the Work Bank;
• Review and analyse weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance the quality of reporting.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, and produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the university system
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently, and to meet deadlines
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
• Good quantitative skills
• Computer literate
An academic or manager with at least a Master’s degree from a scientific or quantitative discipline such as engineering, mathematics, statistics, econometrics, medicine, physics, or science. A Ph.D. would be an added qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation in a development project, a university or in the public or the private sector, is a requirement.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, M & E
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview, Females are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|مانیتور پروژه های ساختما.. at Ministry of Women Affa..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|M&E Assistant, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan organ..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|Regional Female M&E Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||25 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at GTR Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|