M&E / Liaison Officer(1133 Views)
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany's biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
Lead development of and oversee the review of project level Monitoring &Evaluation; (M&E) plan and associated work plans for each component/activity (as reflected in the results framework),
|Date Posted:||12 Mar 2018||Reference:||WHH/AFG/KBL/CRO/224|
|Closing Date:||17 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead development of and oversee the review of project level Monitoring &Evaluation; (M&E) plan and associated work plans for each component/activity (as reflected in the results framework),
· Develop TORs for M&E tasks to be carried out for consulting firms (e.g. the design of surveys, evaluations (mid-term and final evaluation), etc. using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods.
· Be responsible for sourcing data and information for specific M&E needs directly from other agencies, PMU etc (such as budgets, staff capacity and other internal data) particularly for indicators not requiring a survey.
· Support completion of processes to hire consultant firms for M&E related tasks
· Support technical work such as reviewing M&E methods, carrying out training needs, designing M&E tools and advising M&E technical assistance.
· Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments.
· The M&E may also serve as the evaluation team member of selected evaluations conducted under this contract. · Ensure quality control of M&E outputs (e.g surveys etc), including by contributing substantively to the design and field testing of the monitoring methodology, review, supervise design and implementation of the survey, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
· Closely cooperate and coordinate with social communication specialist for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, case studies, success stories.
· Review and provide advice related to log frames and indicators on proposals submitted by the partner.
· Ensure the incorporation of information on WHH project level indicators into PPCR program level reports and provide recommendations to the PMU; Be the focal person at the WHH PMU for coordination between project level M&E and program level M&E.
· Develop and maintain a M&E database for the project and contribute to the maintenance of a database of project.
· Maintain a detailed knowledge of all relevant issues impacting his/her field of Monitoring & Evaluation.
· Coordinate and cooperate with social and communication specialist for promoting information sharing on all aspects related to project activities among stakeholders.
· Ensuring mentoring and training of project team to foster capacity building on M&E knowledge.
· Support monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned by the donor
· Review monitoring and evaluation system/mechanism, process and procedures of the project and forms and formats for project activities under its various components;
· Monitor project progress through field visit, offer feedback and keep regular communication with related field and center level staff.
· Attend, participate and provide necessary inputs for preparation of and during project meeting, Workshops and trainings;
· Serve as focal point for providing M &E inputs on Implementation Progress Reports (IPRs); Prepare and submit M&E inputs as per the Results Framework to the consolidated trimester/ annual project implementation progress reports meeting the deadline as per the requirement of project and World Bank;
· Accomplish others tasks related for preparing, monitoring, evaluation and MIS as per the need of project assigned by Project Director.
· The M&E Specialist should possess excellent technical skills in socio-economic research and program and project performance assessment.
· Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of development project activities.
· Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in a sensitive environment. S/he must be able to respond quickly to requests for information
· S/he must demonstrate strong interpersonal and motivational skills and sensitivity to the local environment as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation. S/he must have ability to write clearly and concisely, and have sound quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data).
· Experience on planning, monitoring and evaluation of community based projects and having good computer knowledge on database software’s like MS Excel, SPSS, GIS will be given priority.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of adaptation to climate change, climate resilience would be a plus.
Establish effective communication and coordination with CDCs, district and provincial authorities and line departments in the project areas through regular visits, sharing information and reports.
Organize periodic sharing meeting and workshops with district and provincial authorities, line departments and stakeholders, share progress and identify challenges with solutions, plan for better services and resources to the communities. .
Working closely with the line department and authorities, relevant NGOs and stakeholders, Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners, in training and sensitizing communities for participation in the design, implementation and operation
Directly engaged with Community Mobilizers in community consultation and identifying community needs and dealing those with the authorities and line departments.
Provide technical guidance and support to the community mobilizers on developing groups and grass-root organizations and facilitating rights awareness among the community groups and organizations.
Support the technical team, trainers and community mobilizers on developing necessary technical and training materials, guidelines and strategies.
Assist Operation Manager and M&E Officer in developing M&E plan, tools and approaches, conducting research and studies, preparing reports etc.
Identifying training needs of the staff of line departments and relevant stakeholders and arrange necessary training and capacity building in consultation with Operational Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences, Social Science, Management, and Environment Sciences, Natural Science or related field combined with extensive experience in similar responsible position in rural community is considered as equivalent. B. Experience: · At least 7 years of work experience in a field related to rural development, livelihoods, agriculture promotion, and planning or project management.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.
|More jobs in this category|
|مانیتور پروژه های ساختما.. at Ministry of Women Affa..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|M&E Assistant, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan organ..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|Regional Female M&E Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||25 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at GTR Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|