Compliance Officer(1545 Views)
-These are exciting times for the First Microfinance Bank (the FMFB-A). Started in 2004 as a regulated bank with a focus on Micro Finance, the Bank is now expanding into Consumer and Corporate Banking. At the same time the bank is heavily investing in supporting technologies to make our strategy happen. We are a bank in transformation on all fronts!
Over a 1,000 employees serve & delight our customers and commit their time & talent to help the FMFB-A become the best bank in Afghanistan. Now we’re looking for your talent.
The Compliance officer will be responsible for ensuring that all bank operations related to MF and Commercial Banking are in full accordance with the internal policies and procedures enforced by the bank. Simultaneously compliance officer’s duties will also include assuring that all internal FMFB-A Compliance policies and procedures particularly regarding AML, CFT and KYC are in accordance with the requirement of the Laws enforced by the Government of Afghanistan and Da Afghanistan Bank. The focus of compliance on both internal and external policies will remain primarily on the AML, CFT and KYC requirements.
|Date Posted:||12 Mar 2018||Reference:||FMFB-HR-0034-2018|
|Closing Date:||26 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures all policies and procedures regarding customer transactions, documentation requirements and customer due diligences are in accordance with FMFB-a policies and procedures in all branches.
• Assisting compliance manager with queries related to banking transactions made by government authorities such as FinTRACA and Da Afghanistan Bank.
• Ensuring all new customers in branches fulfil the documentation requirements of the bank.
• Monitoring of daily transaction reports and LCTR across all branches of FMFB-A except commercial bank Kabul.
• Timely reporting of all incidents violating the AML, CFT and KYC policies within FMFB-A and Da Afghanistan Bank to compliance manager.
• Follow up queries with branches to ensure their compliance and assist compliance manager in implementing new/ and added compliance law/ Regulation as they arise. Cover as leave relief for Compliance Manager.
• Ensure that all compliance functions meet with donors and shareholder’s requirements.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly compliance related reports.
• Determine identity and maintain risk profile, background and business records of all customers particularly PEPs in branches.
• Ensure that Customer KYC forms timely updated according to Bank AML Policy in all branches.
• Categorizing Risk profile of customers based on their monthly turnovers and Activities.
• Ensure the timely update and distribution of AML, CFT and KYC policies, Black Lists, UN Watch Lists in accordance with the requirements of Da Afghanistan Bank and other governmental regulatory authorities.
• Development of enhanced training material for bank staff regarding AML/CFT with procedure compliance.
• Working knowledge of financial institution’s policies and procedures;
• Demonstrated knowledge of Afghan bank laws and regulations;
• The ability to understand and apply banking regulations, interpret government financial regulations and legal documents.
• Ability to proactively deal with any regulatory issues
• Strong presentation and leadership skills;
• Ability to effectively report information and respond to managers, customers and write procedure manuals as requested
• High ethical standards and integrity in professional dealings.
• Commitment to identifying compliance solutions that meet business needs while ensuring adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Banking Business related field or law degree or higher.
• 5-10 years’ experience as regulatory compliance officer in a financial institution.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
If you meet the above requirements we are encouraging you to apply for the job, please send us your resume via email no later than 26th March 2018. Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy number as subject line.
|More jobs in this category|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|