Production and Sales Manager (Re-advertised)(1300 Views)
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or rebuilt 120 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 5,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development as well as the Head of Sales and Trading, the Production and Sales Manager will be responsible for project and team management of Sales, Liaising with International Designers, Production and Oversight, Sales Mentoring.
|Date Posted:||12 Mar 2018||Reference:||02-1217-TM|
|Closing Date:||26 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Business Development as well as the Head of Sales and Trading, the Production and Sales Manager will be responsible for project and team management in the following areas:
• Work closely with the Head of Sales and Trading to ensure order fulfillment.
• Actively seek to generate sales for Afghan artisanal businesses through a wide range of retail networks.
• Manage sales and client relations through timely and professional communication.
• Managing a team of six, be responsible for the performance supervision of the Sales team in Kabul.
2) Liaising with International Designers
• Work with international designers and retailers in producing new and existing product lines for jewellery, ceramics, textiles, woodwork, and more. Be the ‘on the ground’ coordinator for such collaborations, communicating and advising the designer as designs are produced, samples are made, cost sheets are drawn up.
• Coordinate international designer visits to Kabul.
3) Production and Oversight
• Working with individual craft technicians, be ultimately responsible for quality control and quality assurance of products. Develop more sophisticated and structured systems for this quality control process.
• Coordinate with the Design Centre Manager and Head of Sales and Trading for product development.
4) Sales Mentoring
• Provide Sales mentoring for Turquoise Mountain supported business, and assist in the management of discrete courses.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent in a relevant field required.
• Sales experience and a track record in either fashion, interior design, or crafts.
• Ability to manage a diverse team, and solve problems energetically and with a sense of humour.
• Excellent communication skills in English, proficiency in Dari or Pashto a significant advantage.
• Self-starting, commercially-minded, committed, flexible and loyal.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Sales/Marketing
Candidates should submit their covering letter and C.V. to: by March 26, 2018.
In the subject line of the e-mail, please include – Production and Sales Manager + last name. Please combine covering letter and C.V. in one pdf document.
|More jobs in this category|
|Representative-Sales (Commission- Based) at Blue Sonic||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Creative Director at 365media||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Re-Announced Digital Media Officer at Afghanistan Business Management Com..||Kabul||14 Dec 2018|
|Re-Announced Sales Manager at Afghanistan Business Management Company||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Re-Announced Marketing Officer at Afghanistan Business Management Company||Kabul||14 Dec 2018|
|ISP Sales & Marketing Executive Officer at MLos||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Visitor at Darman Pharma Co||Herat||27 Dec 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Darman Pharma Co||Herat||25 Dec 2018|
|Sales Manager at Stark telecom||Multi Cities||30 Dec 2018|
|Sales Manager at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||30 Dec 2018|
|Sales Trainer at Online Trading Academy||Kabul||27 Dec 2018|
|Sales & Relationship Officers at TRISTAR ISP||Kandahar||20 Dec 2018|
|Sales & Marketing Manager at TRISTAR ISP||Kandahar||20 Dec 2018|
|Senior Sales & Relationship Officer at Ariana Hewad||Multi Cities||15 Dec 2018|
|Sales & Marketing Officer at Baheer Group of Companies (BGC)||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Asia Bridge Telecom||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|Sales & Relationship Officer at Online Trading Academy||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Digital marketing Officer at Online Trading Academy||Kabul||27 Dec 2018|
|Graphic Designer at Boustan-e-Sabz Agricultural Services Company||Kabul||19 Dec 2018|
|Sales & Marketing Manager at Afghan Cyber ISP/ICT Company||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Sales Executive/ Key Client Sales at Mido Dairy Production Co.Ltd||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Diamond Press and Design||Kabul||30 Dec 2019|
|Telemarketing Officer at Soholat.com||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|