Medical Lab Histotechnologist(297 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
Medical Lab Histo technologist performs tests in Histopathology section of Clinical Laboratory independently or under supervision of senior Histo technologist/Histo Pathologist on regular basis according to the departmental policy and procedures to ensure timely preparation of the final reports.
|Date Posted:||12 Mar 2018||Reference:||FMIC/HR/130|
|Closing Date:||19 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Laboratory||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be able to:
• Perform tests in histopathology section independently /under guidance of senior histo technologist/histo pathologist according to the departmental policy and procedures on a daily basis to ensure timely preparation of the final reports. The ability of candidate for performing tests in other sections of clinical laboratory would be considered as a plus point.
• Follow safety standards in accordance to the safety manual on a daily basis to provide a safe working environment.
• Manage inventory effectively and efficiently to ensure availability of sufficient supplies and consumables.
• Maintaining the laboratory equipment and ensuring that all the instruments are always in a working condition.
• Confirm through visual inspection that the supplies requested by the technician are required and maintain monitoring to avoid misuse of resources.
• Ensure through visual inspection that the junior staffs carry out their activities and perform tests as per laboratory quality policy and procedures on a daily basis.
• Confirm by discussing unusual finding with the senior histo technologist/histo pathologist as and when required to avoid misleading or erroneous results.
• Follow the quality control procedures in histo pathology section of clinical laboratory.
• Monitor quality indicators on regular basis in histopathology section of clinical laboratory.
• Perform any other related duty to enhance the quality of laboratory services assigned by the senior histo technologist/ manager or histo pathologist/pathologist.
• Keep breast with the latest developments in laboratory medicine through continuing medical education
• Good knowledge and skills of performing Hist pathology tests
• Problem identification and solving skills using scientific methods
• Problem identification and solving in laboratory instruments
• Good command in English, Dari and Pashto Languages
• Good computer skills (Ms. Office Programs)
• Good administrative skills and team player
• Effective communication skills
Academic & professional qualifications
Medical Lab Technology degree or B.Sc. (M.Sc. preferred) in biological sciences from a recognized university. (Preferably KMU)
Note: Candidates holding D. Pharm degree also consider eligible
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Laboratory
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|Medical Officer ( Blood Bank ) at French Medical Institute for Mothers an..||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|