Postal Innovation & Development Technical Specialist(144 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom and IT services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the relevant agencies on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
The technical specialist is responsible to support and perform the renovation and development functions in the field of postal services, postal products & postal process improvement. He/she is also responsible to the cost optimization and as well as postal services/products maintenance activities.
|Date Posted:||13 Mar 2018||Reference:||MCIT – NTA – 022|
|Closing Date:||24 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and produce postal development strategies and Policies for different postal areas.
• Produce and present technical reports/presentations of various R&D activities to Afghan Post leading team.
• Support and contribute to the innovation pipeline with ideas/commends for the conversion of traditional postal services into new and modern ones as well as to the growth of postal services within targeted areas.
• Assess postal technical feasibility and confirm operational compatibility for both Afghan Post and its customers.
• Test and recommend optimum utilization of postal equipment’s in providing of existing postal services.
• Source new/ alternative ingredients that will promote and improve the quality, growth and profitability of existing postal product.
• Establish and launch on-going tracking mechanisms/system for measurement of operational performance.
• Proactively seek and develop basic business/customer understanding to support the identification of business opportunities.
• Support the team in identification of new postal product/services opportunities and creating solutions to drive affordable and qualified performance.
• Formulate the design of standard communication and training materials and training solutions for Afghan Post officials.
• Support and assist R&D team during exploration phase of research and as well as risk identification and mitigation.
• Any other duties assigned by the Post Director and leadership.
Highly organized, analytical, Proven leadership and managerial skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
• Ability to coordinate a team and different stakeholders in a complex work environment.
• Able to foster an environment for ideation and production.
• Fluency in English, and proficiency in Pashto and Dari.
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Policy development, public Administration or any other related field.
• With master’s degree 4 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree minimum 5 years relevant professional experience in the field of innovation, policy development and postal operation is required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|Intern (Trials) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Programme Assistant (SC) at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Business Development Manager at Noorzai International Corporation||Kabul||15 Apr 2018|
|Re-Announced, Business Development Manager at Abdulhai Gardezi Constructi..||Kabul||05 Apr 2018|
|دستیار مالی و حسابی at DABS||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Postal Development Project Manager at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|