Postal Development Project Manager(555 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom, IT and postal services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the relevant agencies on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
Project manager is responsible to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific projects he/she is working on. He/she works closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project aspect is based on fixed schedule, as well as other departments for support. Project manager also manages the production of the required deliverables and monitors the project process.
|Date Posted:||13 Mar 2018||Reference:||MCIT – NTA – 024|
|Closing Date:||24 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Effective coordination and ensuring that the project within assigned program are completed according to the designed standards, and are delivered within required timeframes.
• Effective communication and coordination relating to deliverables, timeframes, budget and resource requirements and utilization, milestones, and documentation of the project.
• Sufficient direct oversight of projects requiring on-site presence, including monitoring of physical processing, building and infrastructure development activities.
• Serve as a single point of contact for your projects and effectively communicate on project progress as requested by leadership;
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, customers and other stakeholders. e project is implementation according to the established plans and mechanisms;
• Plan the required resources, activities and their sequencing. Estimate the required time, cost and budget of projects.
• Create and develop the project required charts and activity schedules and Analyse and manage the risk management and market situation.
• Monitor the progress of each project and prepare the required reports. Prepare the final reports and other documentation.
• Lead the team and control the quality of project progress.
• Any other duties assigned by the Post Director and leadership.
• Highly organized, analytical, Proven leadership and managerial skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
• Ability to coordinate a team and different stakeholders in a complex work environment.
• Able to foster an environment for ideation and production.
• Fluency in English, and proficiency in Pashto and Dari.
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, public Administration or any other related field.
• With master’s degree 4 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree minimum 5 years relevant professional experience in the field of project management and postal operation is required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Revenue Management Advisor to MoMP at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Teller for Marzar-e-Sharif at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Balkh||25 Jun 2018|
|TechWomen Afghanistan General Manager at TechNation||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|