Procurement Specialist (Re announced)(1263 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
The Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received funds for AAIP/MAIL. The objective of the Project is strengthening institutional capacity for safety and reliability of agricultural inputs and sustainable production of certified wheat seed. The project will deliver a variety of interventions in the agricultural inputs sector. First, the project will increase production of certified seeds and develop local capacity for continued development of the seed industry. Second, it will develop accredited facilities and regulatory frameworks for safety and quality control of inputs. Third, the project will implement capacity building programs that will contribute to appropriate handling, storage and use of fertilizers and other agro-chemicals. Fourth, the project will design and operationalize a demand-led action plan to improve and develop market based input delivery systems for seeds, fertilizers, other agro-chemicals, and farm machinery & equipment. The main focus will be on wheat (the major staple crop) but industrial crops, vegetable crops and perennial horticulture crops will also be included in project activities.
In order to carry out various procurement activities related to project, the procurement department of AAIP under the MAIL is looking for an individual Procurement Specialist (PS) for duration of one year. The PS will be responsible for overall procurement activities of the project and will assist the Procurement Department of AAIP in setting up and strengthening the procurement management system for the effective implementation of the Project. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for all procurement related activities and will report to the director of the project; AAIP.
|Date Posted:||13 Mar 2018||Reference:||012/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||31 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the AAIP director, the Procurement Consultant will carry out following task, but not limited to:
• Prepare an overall procurement plan for all goods, works and services to be procured under the AAIP;
• Prepare Procurement Processing Schedule for major components of procurement plan for the project;
• Update Procurement Plan and Procurement Schedule in compliance with grant covenant.
• Review and finalization the procurement documents like bidding documents, Request for Proposals (RFP), bid/proposal evaluation reports etc. for all contract packages in accordance with the procurement procedure of the government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (Public Procurement Law, and Public Procurement Rules and the World Bank Guidelines;
• Make arrangements for ensuring that procurement is done in accordance with the provisions of the Financing Agreement and with IDA’s Guidelines;
• Prepare quarterly procurement report as per the agreed format with IDA. Responsible for timely submission of procurement reports as per the grant covenant of project and the guidance of director, AAIP.
• Ascertain that budgetary allocations are appropriated to the respective end-users and thus ensure timely and effective project implementation;
• Verify that all proposed purchases are eligible for IDA financing and are part of agreed procurement plan;
• Determine the appropriate method to procure goods for each contract;
• Finalize specification of goods, prepare bidding documents and bidding advertisements;
• Make all necessary arrangements for procuring all goods and services, including finalizing purchase documents based on user requirements and ensuring that technical specifications of goods are in conformity with the prescribed one;
• Organize opening and evaluation of bids, propose contract awards in according to IDA’s guidelines and arrange for transmission of documentation to IDA for approval (if necessary);
• Carry out all activities related to contracting including contract signing, handling of documents and guarantees that may be required, arranging shipment inspections as appropriate, and receiving, distributing and delivering goods;
• Prepare a detailed plan for the proper allocation, distribution and storage of goods;
• Supervise the implementation of contracts including pre-shipment inspections (including any test, if necessary), inland transportation, delivery, acceptance and storage;
• Verify payments due under procurement contracts and help prepare applications for payment;
• Provide on the job training and organize, an necessary, procurement seminars for colleagues;
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability in computer operation with experience of working independently;
• Must possess excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
•B. Sc. in engineering, economics/ statistics/ finance/ business/ management/ law or other relevant subjects;
•At least 5 years of work experience in private or public procurement in capacity of Procurement Specialist/ Contract Administrator/ Buyer or equivalent positions.
•Has proven expertise in use of internationally accepted contract documents for works, goods and services. Must have sound understanding of national regulations and international agencies’ procurement guidelines;
•Experience in preparation of procurement plans for Government projects, bidding documents, RFPs and evaluation reports following donor agencies’ guidelines shall be an added advantage;
•In depth knowledge of technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement in development projects, financed by government and the World Bank is preferred;
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Send CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Our Address is: Jamal Mina, Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Note: *No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter , the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|PROCUREMENT OFFICER at DAI||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|