National Seed Program Coordinator (Re announced)(589 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Afghanistan Agriculture Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality.
The National seed Program Coordinator with a special focus on wheat will be responsible for the overall Improve seed production and certification component and will be reportable to the Project Director.
|Date Posted:||13 Mar 2018||Reference:||079/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||31 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
In close collaboration with the International Seed Program Advisor, and the national
And international staff placed in ARIA and ISE:
• As the in-charge of the Seed Component, oversee overall planning and implementation of all activities and tasks performed under the Seed Component of the project;
• Liaise closely with key stakeholders in the seed sector including public/private sectors and civil society for improving public relations;
• Coordinate with ARIA and ensure that operations in all areas supported by the project , like variety development research, variety maintenance and breeder seed production, including delivery of breeder seed to ISE Stations, are carried out appropriately;
• Coordinate with ISE and ensure that all operations supported by the project, i.e. foundation and registered seed production are carried out appropriately;
• Coordinate efficient delivery of registered seed to private enterprises for certified seed production;
• Work closely with ANSOR and PSEs in certified seed production and delivery including appropriate promotion and marketing initiatives;
• Analyze all other ongoing seed sector interventions to ensure synergy and complementarity;
• Work closely with National Seed Board regarding seed industry coordination including implementation of national seed policy, seed law and regulations and seed certification measures;
• Coordinate the preparation of technical documents/materials on seed sector development,
• Coordinate training of national staff in essential fields including seed production, seed processing, quality assurance, enterprise development, seed industry privatization/commercialization, etc , both in-country and abroad;
• Obtaining relevant information and preparing project progress reports for seed component of the project.
Any other tasks as required by the Project Directory.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fluency in English Language (written and Spoken)- essential;
• Proven communications and repotting skills.
• Advanced Master Degree from a recognized university in Genetics & Plant Breeding with specialization in the methodology of plant breeding, production technologies, and quality seed production technology.
• At least 6 years’ experience in wheat breeding, , variety development, identification and management;
• Familiarity with the agricultural production and an understanding of field Problems, particularly as it relates to seed production, conditioning, storage and marketing;
• Excellent working experience of national wheat breeding activities including project development, data collection, statistical analysis, and scientific reporting
• Experience of working for world Bank funded agricultural programs would be advantage;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Agriculture
Send CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Note: *No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter , the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Female Poultry Extension Agent at CARD-F||Kabul||30 Mar 2018|
|Watershed Management Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kunduz||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Gardener باغبان at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Social Water Management Specialist at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|Agronomist at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|OFWM Engineer at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|Irrigation Engineer at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||30 Mar 2018|
|Livestock Extension Worker at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||26 Mar 2018|
|National Database Assistant at Food and Agriculture Organization of the U..||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Poultry Production Specialist at Hawk Vision||Kabul||22 Mar 2018|