IT & MIS Manager(1638 Views)
Exchangerzone is Afghanistan first and largest foreign exchange and remittance specialists, microfinance institution, and financial services in Kabul. The company is duly registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (ASIA), De Afghanistan Bank (DAB), Microfinance Investment Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA).We are the first company in Afghanistan outside the industry to offer specialist currency, microfinance, investment, and financial services. Our main businesses are a bureau of exchange, issuing debt, credit and prepaid credit cards, money transfer, international payments, Microfinance Services, investment products & services, travel insurance & services, banking and other financial services. Exchangerzone is dedicated to focus on serving the comprehensive needs of individuals and businesses with high quality and value pricing. The company with a core staff of experienced national and international professionals and an expert team approaches to most financial services and projects within and outside Afghanistan.
The primary function of IT & MIS Manager will be to develop plans, deploy and manage all aspects of data communication, network hardware, servers, and staff. The role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This role is also responsible for telephone, data center, security systems and other electronic infrastructure.
|Date Posted:||13 Mar 2018||Reference:||EZ0050318|
|Closing Date:||24 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, lifecycle management, and related documentation.
• Establish service level agreements with end users.
• Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, the scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Manage and ensure the effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
• Manage and ensure the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
• Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
• Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
• Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
• Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
• Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
• Ensure staff usage of office network and IT systems is in compliance with Exchangerzone’s IT and other policies.
• Ensure all the workstations on the network are virus free and secure them from cyber-attacks which may cause trouble and data loss.
• Ensure that all users of the office network have updated anti-virus software and relevant security service packs.
• Provide training to junior and newly employed employees whenever needed.
• Attend meeting with various authorities.
• Develop strategies that are to be used in the implementation of software and hardware systems in the organization
• Collect necessary specifications for each client and Company department and make sure that their requirements are met
• Look after the purchase of the software and hardware systems and plan proper budget and quotations for the systems
• Train the Clients or Companies staff in using information systems and help them understand the configuration of the systems
• Prepare monthly progress report of activities carried within this position.
• Implementation of CBS of Electronic payments projects.
• Any other task assigned by DY.CEO or CEO of Exchangerzone, Inc.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting.
• Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Four-years university degree required, preferably in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering other related academic fields.
• 5 years of relevant work/management experience.
• MCIPT, CCNA, CCNP or other international certification is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to Chief Human Resource Officer of Exchangerzone at submission email provided below. No other documents are need be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior IT Officer at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|متخصص تکنالوژی at Ministry of Defense||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|Senior Software Developer at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Information Technology (IT) Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|
|( آموزگار کمپیوتر ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Junior Officer – Help Desk at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|
|مدیر عمومی دیتابیس at Ministry of Women Affairs (MoWA)||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|مدیر عمومی نرم افزار و سخ.. at Ministry of Women Affa..||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|