OFWM Engineer(1820 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operationally (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
The Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme (LKIS) project is designed to rehabilitate and improve the main irrigation canals and associated intake structures in two irrigation zones; (i) Zone I located in the district of Imam Sahib (Kunduz province), comprises a gross area of 51,760 ha, and is irrigated by the Imam Sahib canal system which is supplied by the Shahrawan offtake on the Amu Darya river; (ii) Zone II located in the districts of Dasht-eArchi (Kunduz province) and Khwaja Ghar (Takhar province), has a gross area of 27,900 ha, and is irrigated by the Archi Main canal which has a free intake on the Kokcha river. Improvement of two canals will result in reliable irrigation supplies to 74,300 ha in the Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme (LKIS). This includes an additional 3,000 ha of land that was formally out of command due to inadequate supply from the Archi Main canal and Jaded canal, and the reclamation of 2,000 ha of land that is currently waterlogged.
The on farm water management engineer will participate in the selection of the project areas and in conducting the field surveys of the project sites in which she/he will be responsible for the water management aspects of the surveys. She/he will report to the project manager and project director.
|Date Posted:||14 Mar 2018||Reference:||CPMO/MAIL/2018/V-002|
|Closing Date:||30 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assume overall responsibility of the water management aspects of the region, and provide direction,
2. Assess the irrigation performance of the selected sites;
3. Assess the water distribution system;
4. Estimation of water use efficiency at selected irrigation schemes;
5. Identification of constraints, organizational as well as related to physical infrastructure;
6. Propose recommendations for improving water management practices;
7. Report the assessment and recommendations as part of the survey reports;
8. Prepare a plan of operations for water management improvements;
9. Water losses measurement for the selected irrigation schemes;
10. Discharge measurement using current meters or flow trackers and weirs;
11. To estimate crop water requirements;
12. Help with project director in preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual report.
13. Upon contract award, with the help of Field Engineer and Design/Irrigation engineers supervise the construction and quantity surveys for the ongoing civil works, ensuring quality of works and authenticity of progress payments to the contractors;
14. Assume responsibility for finalizing and submitting timely based reports to the project manager and project director;
15. Perform any other assigned duty by the project manager and project director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. The candidate must have achieved bachelor degree in Water Management / Irrigation / Agricultural/Civil Engineering, while preference will be given to the candidates with master degree in relevant field.
2. He/she should have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and experience of on-farm water management practices.
4. Writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop written reports and action plans in both in English and Pashto/Dari
Afghanistan - Kunduz
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
HR Department, CPMO Project
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin Finance Officer at MAIL/OFWMP||Balkh||23 Oct 2018|
|Water Management Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Baghlan||23 Oct 2018|