The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) singed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operational (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
Panj Amu River Basin Sector Project is an irrigation and natural resources management project which is designed and prepared under the context of National Natural Resources Management Strategy (N-NRMS 2017-2021).
This project, funded by Asian Development Bank & EU, which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resources infrastructure, watershed management and establishment of IAs and its capacity building in 5 provinces in Panj Amu River Basin Sector Project (Bamyan, Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar and Badakhshan).
|Date Posted:||14 Mar 2018||Reference:||CPMO/MAIL/2018/V-003|
|Closing Date:||30 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participating in meetings regarding implementation of the project in the area;
2. Conduct capacity assessment of the agronomic Activities relevant to the irrigation in the target area, prepare detailed program for capacity development in terms of agronomic and extension support;
3. necessary data and prepare training materials in various aspects of Agronomy to enhancing agriculture productivity;
4. Familiar with agricultural cropping calendar, cropping pattern, and cropping density in the region;
5. Discussion with the community and association regarding extension of new agronomic, practices, methodology and introducing new varieties and techniques in the area;
6. Design field level irrigation Agronomic packages to improved Crop Production and productivity
7. Continuously monitor and evaluate the agronomic impact of the project interventions;
8. Support and technically help the extension workers in the project and make sure that they are following guidelines provided by MAIL and personally visit all agriculture activities regularly;
9. Try to encourage and constantly watch that contracted farmers are respecting terms of partnership with the project and given technical advice;
10. Promote sustainability through farmers’ participation and involvement in all agricultural activities;
11. Promote the concept of soil and moisture conservation through extension;
12. Direct participation in recording necessary data from seed multiplication and other agriculture activities;
13. Organize seed growers and assist them in certified seed production, where
14. possible; awareness creation on advantages of using good quality seeds and in promoting the use of quality seeds;
15. Organize training and skill empowerment program covering the major seed production techniques such as removal of off-types, rouging, timely harvest, processing and storage of seeds in the frontline demonstration blocks;
16. Very high agronomical knowledge of cereal crops and cotton farming (including, time of cultivation, seed selection, seeding methods, using fertilizer, knowledge of cultivation, knowledge regarding soil……);
17. Inform Project Director about any technical problems, e.g., appearance of pest and diseases;
18. Compile the necessary material in the Agronomic aspect for the project reporting (Monthly, Quarterly, Semiannual and Annual Reports);
19. Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Project Director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. University Degree in the field of Agriculture department of Agronomy from a recognized University with at least 5 years’ field experience within government, International NGOs or UN Agencies in the similar position/field.
2. Proven knowledge and experience to use MS word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, internet use.
3. Full working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto languages
4. Must be familiar with the operating area
5. Should pay respect to custom and cultural behavior of residents of operating area
6. Proven communications and reporting skill.
7. It is a field based position. So, he should be ready to travel to field to the agriculture farms, Cooperatives in the rural areas of the Badakhshan Province regularly.
Afghanistan - Badakhshan
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
HR Department, Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) ADB Funded Ongoing and upcoming projects.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Livestock Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Nangarhar||28 Aug 2018|
|Regional Gender Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Kunduz||28 Aug 2018|
|National Consultant - Agriculture Mechanizati.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Agriculture Education Technical Specialist at Catalyzing Afghan Agricultu..||Kabul||16 Aug 2018|
|Natural Resources Programs Design Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Kabul Greenbelt Project Coordinator at MAIL||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Cleaner at MAIL||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|