Social Water Management Specialist(1589 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operationally (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
The Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme (LKIS) project is designed to rehabilitate and improve the main irrigation canals and associated intake structures in two irrigation zones; (i) Zone I located in the district of Imam Sahib (Kunduz province), comprises a gross area of 51,760 ha, and is irrigated by the Imam Sahib canal system which is supplied by the Shahrawan offtake on the Amu Darya river; (ii) Zone II located in the districts of Dasht-eArchi (Kunduz province) and Khwaja Ghar (Takhar province), has a gross area of 27,900 ha, and is irrigated by the Archi Main canal which has a free intake on the Kokcha river. Improvement of two canals will result in reliable irrigation supplies to 74,300 ha in the Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme (LKIS). This includes an additional 3,000 ha of land that was formally out of command due to inadequate supply from the Archi Main canal and Jaded canal, and the reclamation of 2,000 ha of land that is currently waterlogged.
|Date Posted:||14 Mar 2018||Reference:||CPMO/MAIL/2018/V-005|
|Closing Date:||30 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement and manage the social water management component in the project area.
2. Guide and assist the establishment of social water management infrastructure.
3. Liaise with the Ministry of irrigation and water resources, Ministry of agriculture, partner NGOs, community leaders, local authorities and other stake holders.
4. Develop strategies and initiatives to enhance the capacity of water users’ association.
5. Design and identify local community-friendly water management system through which community people can get better opportunities to use water for agriculture sectors.
6. Responsible for the oversight of project logistics, finance and administrative support.
7. Responsible for ensuring sound technical input into project design and implementation.
8. Develop monitoring/supervision tools to assess the real situation of project implementation.
9. Design necessary forms and formats to collect project’s information.
10. Make a plan for staff capacity development (e.g. provide formal training, workshop, experience sharing, counselling, and mentoring and so on).
11. Ensure cross-project integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices within projects.
12. Assist in designing technical manuals and documents to run the social water management activities.
13. Staff management and coordination with at least twenty engineers/ technical supervisors.
14. Generate reports for concerned authorities, donors and government officials.
15. Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Director
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Graduate in Agriculture Engineering /Engineering with Specialization in irrigation or water management/ agriculture or any degree with focus on water distribution and conservation.
2. At least 6 years working experience in irrigation association or Water user group/ Water users’ association or social water management project.
3. Ability in designing water management and distribution plan for irrigation project.
4. Experience in working with Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) such as water user groups, co-operative, Self-help groups etc.,
5. Experience in conflict resolution at community level.
6. Writing and speaking proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari languages are essential and presentation skills, ability to initiate and facilitate community mobilization is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kunduz
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
HR Department, Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) ADB Funded Ongoing and upcoming projects
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Livestock Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Nangarhar||28 Aug 2018|
|Regional Gender Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Kunduz||28 Aug 2018|
|National Consultant - Agriculture Mechanizati.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Agriculture Education Technical Specialist at Catalyzing Afghan Agricultu..||Kabul||16 Aug 2018|
|Natural Resources Programs Design Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Kabul Greenbelt Project Coordinator at MAIL||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Cleaner at MAIL||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|