Road Resident Engineer(972 Views)
About Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)
Afghan Tarin Engineering Services Company (ATES) is one of most competitive and dynamic engineering services companies in Afghanistan, emerging as one of the leading private companies in the country. ATES is a fast-growing business comprised of highly qualified Afghan and international professionals.
ATES is submitting proposal for ADB Funded Project of Construction Supervision of the construction of Qaisar – Dari-e-Bum Road Project (151 km) Badghis & Faryab Provinces, Sections I, ii and iii). The Project road section is 151 kilometres in length and is divided into three Packages; (1) Section i, 191+000 to 241+000, 50 Kilometres in length, (2) Section ii, 241+000 to 281+000 40 kilometres in length, and (3) Section iii, 281+000 to 342+000, 61 kilometres in length.
The applicants should have experience in Construction Supervision of Road Projects. Complete CV will be shortlisted (Current CV along with reference email address for all the employer you have worked with, CV should contain the Name of Project expert involved, Location of the project, Period of the project, Position held, Main Features of the project and Responsibility of the expert.)
|Date Posted:||01 Apr 2018||Reference:||ATES/130|
|Closing Date:||01 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||12 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 34 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Resident Engineer will have a degree in civil engineering with preferably 12 years’ experience or more with a 5 years’ experience in senior site supervision roles for the construction of major road works with extensive experience in the construction of flexible road or runway pavements. Proven experience in the management and coordination of large site supervision teams is essential. An excellent command of oral and written English is required. Under the direction of the Senior Resident Engineer, detailed tasks include:
• Liaise with the appropriate authorities to ensure that all affected utility services are promptly relocated.
• Review the Contractor’s traffic management plans.
• Carry out checks on the Contractor’s setting out and ensuring that the Works are carried out in accordance with the drawings and other design details.
• Maintain full and detailed permanent site records including site correspondence, survey data, quality acceptance data, site diaries, measurement and certification, minutes of meetings and records of all other contractually relevant matters.
• Monitor the Contractors’ quality control procedures and laboratory testing and carrying out Independent testing as required.
• Ensure that Works are executed in accordance with all provisions of the Contract, including those relating to standards of materials and workmanship, health and safety requirements and environmental protection requirements.
• Measure the works, agree and certify interim and final payment certificates for submission to the Employer in consultation with the Team Leader, and assisting the Employer in preparing loan withdrawal documentation to ADB.
• Maintaining regular estimates of the cost to completion and time to completion for the Contracts.
• Reviewing the Contractors’ proposed program and technical recourses for routine, emergency and winter maintenance and provide training to EA staff who will take over quality control and administration of maintenance.
• Assist land acquisition and resettlement activities being undertaken by the Government and the provincial authorities in cooperation with the Resettlement Specialists.
• Prepare, with the assistance of Environmental Specialists, environmental monitoring reports for inclusion in the quarterly and annual reports.
• Monitor the implementation of the health and safety program on Site including the information and education campaign on sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/AIDS as required by the Contract.
• Ensure that no child labour is employed under the Contract.
• Complete CV will be shortlisted (Current CV along with reference email address for all the employer you have worked with, CV should contain the Name of Project expert involved, Location of the project, Period of the project, Position held, Main Features of the project and Responsibility of the expert.)
Total Experience of 12 Years, and 5 Years of Similar experience
Graduate in Civil Engineering or equivalent, preference given to Masters.
Afghanistan - Badghis
- Faryab: QAISAR
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Please submit complete applications including:
• Current CV along with reference email address for all the employer you have worked with.
• CV should contain the Name of Project you were involved, Location of the project, Period of the project, Position held, Main Features of the project and Responsibility of the expert.
• Copy of University degree and other certificates is a must
Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail: Position and vacancy number
• Incomplete or mislabeled submissions will not be considered
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!