GIS Officer(1102 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
• Task Two: Rural Roads’ Condition survey of approximately 50,000km rehabilitated under
NRAP, NSP, NABDP, PRTs and other agencies
• Roads Network inventory survey: This survey shall be conducted for the entire national roads and bridge network. The data to be collected on road and bridges shall include, among others, road classification, road identification including road segments, road structures, road location with coordinates, geographical, structural, information on access to service centers, approximate traffic data.
• Rural Roads condition survey: Rural Roads Condition survey shall be carried out for approximately 50,000km of rural roads, (out of entire national road network of approximately 123,000km), rehabilitated under NRAP, NSP, NABDP, PRTs and other agencies. This will include, among others, road roughness measurement using bump integrator or equivalent equipment for sealed roads and visual observation by SDI method.
|Date Posted:||02 Apr 2018||Reference:||20|
|Closing Date:||17 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The main task of GIS Officer is to check and verify the quality of GIS data and in case of any issues address the issues in real time at field.
• Check the quality of data in (ArcGIS, Map Source, Quantum GIS and Excel);
• Apply data cleaning on collected data as per requirements (the data cleaning process may take place daily or weekly);
• Digitize the track data which will be identifiable by other application (ArcGIS);
• Verify and ensure the quality of data and upload into system;
• Regular site visit to fields and make sure of quality of data and progress of work;
• If required train the regional staff and make sure they can collect the needed data;
• Preparation of report on progress of work
• Other task assigned by GIS unit.
• Prepare geographical map for local governor, minister, technical department.
• Candidates with previous experience in GPS survey are highly preferable
• Willingness to travel (as this post requires frequent travels)
• Fluency in local languages (Dari and Pashtu) and English
• Provision of customized mapping for Provincial Development Plans in 34 provinces, this may include but is not limited to: site plans, mapping at village, district and provincial level, and maps, drawings and graphics required for presentations and reports.
• Assist to collect and store the necessary imagery and data in support of mapping activities for the project.
• Assist to for collecting and aggregating imagery, survey data, and other GIS resources, as well as vector zing and marking-up raster imagery to produce high-quality maps, drawings, and presentation material for the program and supporting activities.
• Visit project sites in the province on a regular basis as directed and provide timely feedback to line supervisors and deliver basic training to field staff in the use of GIS equipment;
• Assist with the development and dissemination of technical manuals, guides, or other instructional materials relating to GIS and mapping for local government officials, as needed.
• Assist the GIS unit to establish and implement procedures to develop standard documentation for monitoring and evaluating of project and progress data.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Flexible and able to work under pressure and with limited time frames.
• Familiarity with engineering vocabulary an asset.
• Be able and willing to travel to all provinces within Afghanistan, including insecure and volatile areas.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel)
• Knowledge of ArcGIS, Map Source, Quantum GIS
• Ability to work with smartphone
Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Civil Engineering or Geographical information system is required.
• At least 4years’ experience in field of Geographical information system
• Ability to communicate and read English. Fluency written and verbally in Dari or Pashtu.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address:. Application without subject of job title ( GIS Officer) and vacancy No will not have concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview. Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply the language of interview should be in Dari, Pashto, and English.
4th floor, NRAP Building, Behind MPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Five Engineer, Five Technician, Five Electric.. at APEC||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||07 Aug 2018|
|Powered Support Systems Mechanial at Global Technology||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||29 Jul 2018|
|LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT at Global Technology||Kabul||16 Jul 2018|
|Mechanical Engineer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Mechanic (Generator Technician) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر امور فاضلاب at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر سروی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corp..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Engineer/Solar Engineer at Jubaili Bros||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Senior Projects Coordinator at DABS||Kabul||16 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Procurement Director at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|