Archive Officer(430 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
The Archive Officer works under the overall guidance and supervision of the Logistics Officer or Sr. Operation Specialist. He/she must effectively and proactively support Archive acquires manages and maintains documents and other materials that have historical importance for individuals and organization. A large part of work is related to making information accessible to users, increasingly in digital format for the portfolio of NRAP/ARAP MPW
|Date Posted:||02 Apr 2018||Reference:||ARAP/MOPW/KBL 23|
|Closing Date:||17 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Uploading documents into ) DATABAS E ( Ret soft software
Filing (Hard & Soft)
Registration of documents
Manage the filing system for all documents
Gives information about (System) and database daily to our trainee
Other daily office work etc.
Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders
Assist in vendor relationship management
- Digitally scan, classify and name files into ARAP/NERAP/PIU digital archive according to program’s classification system
- Assist Staff in locating files
- Engage in photocopying , Scanning and filing as required for all units in MPW
- Ensure that file classification is completely adhered to for both physical and digital archive ,
- Prepare and update inventory list ARAP-NRAP-MPW files
- Ensure systematic filing of all bid documents and digitizing of of all Contract files at MPW
- Ensure systematic filing of all bid documents and digitizing of of all section files at MPW
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office, “back-office” and accounting software
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g. optical scanner)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Is a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty
Bachelor of Administration
Bachelor degree with 4 years’ work experience with NGO or Privet Companies in relative field.
Previous Archiving/Filing experience in an international organization or UN agencies is an added asset
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title (Archive Officer) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind Ministry of Public Works, old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Operation Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Customer Services Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||04 May 2018|