Fund Raising Specialist(703 Views)
About Voice of Women Organization
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan based national NGO operating in the Western Region of Afghanistan. VWO is striving to utilize the international assistance in the best interest of the Afghan communities through projects in various sectors, especially in approaching women rights and women empowerment in the society.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and Program Coordinator the Fund Raising Specialist will maintain and grow relationships with existing corporate and individual donors. Proactively identifies and develops new sources of financial support to meet annual fundraising goals, primarily through execution of special event fundraisers for the long term sustainability of the project.
|Date Posted:||02 Apr 2018||Reference:||VWO-110|
|Closing Date:||20 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop a comprehensive fundraising plan for long term project sustainability.
2. Proactively identifies prospects, building and maintaining a pipeline to grow donor partnerships.
3. Organize and attend fund raising events both inside and outside of Afghanistan.
4. Organize a campaign or event that will lead to soliciting donations
5. Works within a solicitation plan building new and nurturing current relationships through a series of personal visits, meetings, events and follow up stewardship practices
6. Develop brochures, flyers, Video Clips and other promotional material for fund raising events/purposes.
7. Tracks and reports progress to the Executive Director & Program Coordinator.
8. Evaluates success and progress of accomplishing goals and refines business tactics as needed.
9. Works with the staff in the cultivation/solicitation process as appropriate.
10. Develops a deep understanding of VWO’s mission and goals to effectively communicate to the giving community.
11. Utilizes and maintains administrative systems. These include program databases, contact management and reporting systems.
12. Research prospective local and international donors
13. Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
14. Conduct fundraising strategies for the organization
15. Maintain records of donor information for future use
16. Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
17. Perform any other relevant assignments/ duties that might be assigned from time to time by immediate supervisors.
• (Minimum) Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication, Social Science or equivalent. Masters Degree preferred
• (Minimum) 4-5 years of experience in the relevant field.
• Having excellent oral and written communication skills in English - Compulsory, Dari & Pashto
• Ability to travel both inside and out of Afghanistan
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria can send their updated CV & cover letter to the following email address which is mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy number (VWO-110) in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Communication Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Oct 2018|