Lab Technician(676 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
Assist to Conduct the inter laboratory and field test as available in the laboratory (Gradation, MDD ,Dry Density, Extraction test , slump test)
Assist to conduct the selected test for Contractor (Cor cutting , Extraction test sand cone Replacement)
Carry out testing on Construction materials aggregate /soil/ concrete/ bitumen and Asphalt in laboratory and the filed
|Date Posted:||03 Apr 2018||Reference:||26|
|Closing Date:||18 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist to conduct the entire Laboratory and filed test as available in the laboratory.
• Assist to conduct the selected test for roads and structures.
• Conduct all the entire laboratory and filed test as available in the laboratory.
• Carry out testing on construction material Aggregate /soil/ cement / Bitumen/ Reinforcement ect. To ensure that the specific material are used for the project.
• Inform concern technician and lab engineer of any material, which fail to meet up the requirement.
• Assist to carry out filed and lab, test as instructed by QA/QC Engineer.
• Lab Technician will report to lab engineer directly.
• The lab technician performs all material tests as received by geotechnical engineer.
• All soil Material like: MDD CBR Gradation and PI Test performed by lab technician.
• The lab Technician performs other duties if required.
• (Technical Knowledge, managerial Competencies or other personal Competencies relevant to the performance of the assignment
• Working knowledge in computer
• Proven knowledge of road construction
• Working knowledge of MS officer packages (MS project especially ) with advanced Excel skills
• Excellent fluent Dari and Pashtu both written and verbal
• Ability to overcome challenges and work in difficult work environments/conditions.
Key Performance Indicator
1. Gradation test for one month 50 test per month
2. Filed density for one month 40 test per month
3. Asphalt sampling 40 test per month
4. Concrete sampling 80 test per month
Bachelor degree from Technical College in considered a strong asset
• At least 3 years’ experience in the lab filed
• Experience in community implemented rural road development project will be considered as an advantage
• Previous experience working in GOV project desirable
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Technical
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title ( Lab Technician ) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, Building, Behind Ministry of Public Works, old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNAPP-2/MAIL||Kabul||03 Aug 2018|
|Plumber at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Technical Evaluation Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Balkh||28 Jul 2018|
|Technical Advisor to Minister MAIL at Ministry Of Agriculture Irrigation ..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Petroleum and Gas Engineer to MoMP/LSMU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleu..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|کارشناس جیولوجی محیطی (Env.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Technical Evaluation Manager at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|