Geotechnical Engineer(562 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
Under the supervision of the Head of Technical Section, the Geotechnical Engineer will provide assistance, supervision and mentoring to NRAP/MOPW Engineer in all aspects of NRAP/MOPW’s road and bridge projects. The Geotechnical Engineer will have a sound knowledge of engineering geology and research technical, engineering geological developments and will support the MOPW-PIU in the implementation of geotechnical issues in Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||03 Apr 2018||Reference:||27|
|Closing Date:||18 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Geotechnical Engineer will be an integral member of the NRAP/MOPW Technical Unit. Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
• Successfully implement and deliver projects involving engineering geological inputs, including client liaison, fieldwork, analysis and reporting
• Interpret client's requirements, plan and undertake project work to provide the required information
• Site mission for doing survey with road and bridge survey team and bring reality data from the site for determination and foundation.
• Successfully carry out project work (including fieldwork) in accordance with budgetary limits, and time constraints
• Carry out engineering geology studies and investigations, supervise field testing and sampling and analysis of results using accepted methods and or computer applications
• Report and deliver results of investigations and reports in accordance with accepted standard requirements
• Research technical and engineering geological developments and update procedures and standards to ensure AASHTO, ASTM and MOPW complies with best practice
• Comply with NRAP MOPW quality assurance and quality management procedures
• Review contractor’s geotechnical reports and provide guidance to contractors in close coordination with the Contract Management Section
• Ensure the contractor’s geotechnical report meets with standards Traveling to various survey or project sites and obtaining soil samples at various depths using specialized drilling equipment.
• Analyzing the soil samples to determine their composition and overall ability to support the type of Project proposed.
• Work closely with the Laboratory staff and technicians to evaluate the various components of the soil.
• Researching information, writing reports and making proposals based on data collected.
• Collaborating with various other engineers and construction staff including structural engineers, road and bridge engineers
• Perform any other duties in line with these ToR’s as required by the Design Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Be a good mentor, capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner.
• Have good analytical, writing, and communication skills.
• A thorough understanding of geotechnical project implementation and a demonstrated ability to successfully undertake and deliver to client's satisfaction
• Co-operative and flexible work style to work in a team environment
• Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
• Working knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD.
• Willing and ready to travel extensively to visit project sites.
• Be thoroughly proficient in written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of the Pashtu and Dari languages would be an advantage.
• Be self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people.
8. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
Must be able to deliver at least:
- 70KM gravel road survey per year.
- 50KM asphalt Road Survey per year.
- 200m Bridge out source review and check per year.
- 50 KM/ Road outsource review and check per year.
- Mast have strong skills and knowledge geotechnical investigation.
Master degree with 5 years of experience required or holding Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Geology or geotechnical degree with additional 2 year of work experience may consider in lieu of Master Degree.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Engineering
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title (Geotechnical Engineer) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind Ministry of Public Works, old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Site Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Survey Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL..||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|PIO Manager at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||04 May 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 May 2018|
|Substation and Distribution Engineers at CEES||Bamian||30 Apr 2018|
|انجنیر هایدرولیک at DABS||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Construction Supervisor Vacancy No: C-643 at Ministery of Energy and Wate..||Farah||24 Apr 2018|
|Design Engineer- Autocad Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|