Media and Information Specialist(1157 Views)
About Ministery of Energy and Water
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Position: Media and Information Specialist
Vacancy No: (C-639)
No. of Post: One
Duty Station: Ministry of Energy and Water, Kabul, with travel to Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad and Kunduz
Project: PCU / IRDP / MEW
Salary: Based on NTA Salary Scale
Objectives: To assist PCU in Public Relation & Information and Media Affairs.
|Date Posted:||03 Apr 2018||Reference:||MEW/PCU/REOI/302 , (C-639)|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall perform the following;
• Assist in the preparation and dissemination of media statements in a briefed newsletter on behalf of the Project as and when required;
• Collect information and pictorial views of the field activities on regular basis from all the project Regional Offices and prepare periodic project pamphlets, brochures and other publications including web based media of the project ;
• Collect information from the Regional Offices on monthly basis about success cases resulted by the project. Ensure that collected information are reviewed by the project CTA/TL before sharing with the FAO or any other representation or publication in any source of media;
• Coordinate with the M&E unit of MEW to exchange any useful information on the project that can help in achieving higher quality outputs and vice-versa;
• Facilitate coverage of project events and interviews with seniors of MEW, PCU or FAO during workshops, seminars, field trips, opening or inauguration of projects;
• Audit the English language proficiency in the project reports, letters and papers as requested by the management;
• Facilitate the translation of media works to both Dari and Pashto Languages;
• Respond to any information requests from the media after obtaining the management approval;
• Coordinate media information on irrigation related events with line ministries and organizations;
• Assist in the preparation of background communication and promotional materials for briefings and visits;
• Assist in the planning, logistics and administrative arrangements for any event that may require the media intervention;
• Maintain proper achieving to all the media documents, files, video footages, photographs and other material prepared for any special project events and activities;
• Coordinate with IT specialists and irrigation/hydrology specialists to update and prepare print out of the project location maps (irrigation as well as hydro-meteorology) for distribution to related organization (MOF, FAO, World Bank, etc.);
• Perform other duties as requested by the management;
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Law and political, Literature, Social Sciences or media science with at least five years of relevant national experience.
• Working knowledge of English and good command of national languages (Dari/Pashtu) required
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of Emergency Irrigation Rehabilitation Project (EIRP) under Ministry of Energy and water now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest. Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and are invited to submit their CV (Curriculum Vitae), including employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.
The covering application letter should indicate that he meets all the required qualifications and experience (as mentioned above) quoting references to various paragraphs of CV to demonstrate this.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V Selection of Individual Consultants procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004 as revised in October 2006 and May 2010).
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the address below during the office hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Saturday to Wednesday or by e-mail.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or sent by e-mail to the address below no later than
24 April 2018.
Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi”
Acting Director of Project Coordination Unit - PCU
Ministry of Energy and Water - MEW
Mobile: 0093 (0) 700686110
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Rohullah.email@example.com,
|More jobs in this category|
|Social Media Officer at Mohib Towers||Kabul||10 Oct 2018|
|Pashto Presenter (Female) at MOBY Group||Kabul||13 Oct 2018|