Sr. Finance Assistant/cash custodian(1476 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
Under the direct supervision of Head of Finance, the Sr. Finance Assistant is responsible to provide effective and efficient support to the Head of Finance. She controls the cash advance inflow and outflow from the central office to all the regions and departments. She also maintains the cashbook.
|Date Posted:||03 Apr 2018||Reference:||29|
|Closing Date:||18 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining / handling of Cash box / cash disbursements:
- Petty cash expenses
- Operation cash expenses
• Maintaining general record of all the cash transactions (journal records).
• Managing general cash count record daily.
• Maintaining cashbooks for petty and operation cash expenses.
• Providing monthly update financial reports to the management.
• Provide pending advance payment report to the management.
• Reconciliation / clearance of the advance payments (operation / DSA) with main and provincial offices.
• Reconciliation of the cashbooks (petty and operation accounts) at the end of every week.
• Preparing cash reconciliation at end of every week.
• Assist the auditors in carrying out the annual audit of the financial accounts.
• Maintain all the related financial records properly (hard copy and soft version)
• Any other task to be assigned by my supervisor and head of finance.
• Good working knowledge of MS. Office application, email and able to easily navigate internet.
• Good working skills in report writing in English and Dari.
• Knowledge of Gov. and World Bank rules and regulations would be a distinct advantage.
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• Good knowledge of capacity building and capacity building need assessment.
• Is a self-starter, who is able to plan and manage their own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Bachelor Degree with 4 years’ experience.
b. Work Experience
• Over all 6 years of work experience
• 4 Years’ experience in relevant department in the areas of financial management.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title (Sr. Finance Assistant/cash custodian) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind Ministry of Public Works, old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Officer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Finance / Procurement Manager at AFTEL||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|