Sr. Procurement Specialist(909 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million.
The Sr. Procurement Specialist works under the overall guidance and supervision of the Procurement Manager. He/she is responsible to effectively and proactively manage the procurement of works, Consultancy, goods and services for the portfolio of NRAP/MPW programs, ensuring compliance and adherence to NRAP rules and regulations.
|Date Posted:||03 Apr 2018||Reference:||31|
|Closing Date:||18 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare Procurement Plan based on requirement of Projects Reviews transactions for adequate specifications and scope of work, proper descriptions and completeness of information.
• Prepares the right solicitation document such as invitations for bids, requests for proposals, request for information and prequalification, creating evaluating bids, making awards and purchase orders.
• Conducts pre/bid/proposal conferences.
• Answers the bidders/offers questions. Conducts a preliminary review of bids and proposals.
• Prepare request for contract award to NPA and the World Bank and issue letter of acceptance to Contractors.
• Support preparation of bidding documents (ITQ, ICB/NCB) in collaboration with the Engineering Unit, and ESMF Unit. to ensure full compliance with WB procurement guidelines and National procurement law;
• Reviews the technical evaluation process to ensure consistency, accuracy. Compliance with the solicitation and compliance with world bank and Afghanistan procurement law.
• Conducts a cost and price analysis for the received offers/proposals.
• Prepares the award packages and secure the necessary approvals and consents depending on the procurement type and threshold.
• Prepares a thorough and comprehensive award file with all supporting documents.
• Conducts in-depth research, benchmarking and trend analysis regarding changes that occur in marketplace of the assigned portfolio.
• Proactively works to develop procurement plans in accordance with the Afghanistan procurement law and World Bank Guideline and procedures for the procurement of commodities and/or services.
• Contacts vendors to resolve contractual problems and to gain knowledge of the products, sources, prices, marketing practices.
• Any other tasks assigned by Procurement Manager with the related tasks of Procurement.
Prepare procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation;
Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of Shopping, ICB/NCB, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with World Bank Procurement Guidelines;
Review purchase orders for goods, contracts for services and works;
Coordination and Knowledge sharing:
Advice to stakeholders on quality improvements with respect to requisitions
Identification of weaknesses and training requirements and enhancement of capacity and skills development of staff through training and innovative solutions.
Organization of procurement trainings as and when required
Should be able to work independently and under pressure to produce the result on time and maintain
Ability to judge and tact in handling the most sensitive, diverse, and confidential material.
Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective business relationships with
Demonstrate analytical skills, problem-solving skills, negotiating skills with ability to balance project
Ministry and colleagues. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
objectives and procurement requirement.
Combined knowledge of Government procurement and financial rules, regulations, policies, procedures and practices.
Excellent computer skills.
Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate, and monitor own work plan.
Ability and willingness to live, work, and travel in difficult conditions.
Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in Dari and Pashtu, both written and verbal
Bachelor’s Civil Engineering, Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance,
Accounting, Economics or related field.
b. Work Experience
• At least 7 years relevant experience in procurement, particularly within construction and
• At least 5 years’ experience using WB procurement guidelines for WB-funded projects related
to civil works implementation
• Knowledge of World Bank Procurement Rules and Regulations a distinct advantage
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Qualified and interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest plus CV, via Email Address below. Application without subject of job title (Sr. Procurement Specialist ) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview.
Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind Ministry of Public Works, old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Re - Procurement/Legal Advisor at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul C..||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|
|3rd Re-announce: Senior Procurement Specialis.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capa..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|