Director of Communications(893 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer 4 undergraduate academic majors and a MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy, and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Construction has been underway on a new 75-acre international campus.
AUAF is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of “Director of Communications” to begin in May 2018.
The Director of Communications will manage and direct all aspects of communications, public relations, and social media at the American University of Afghanistan. S/he will work closely with senior leadership to develop and implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of the University’s programs and oversee organizational messaging and constituent services.
|Date Posted:||03 Apr 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||28 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Description of Duties
The Director is responsible for the overall success of the communications strategy and public relations for the university. The Director has oversight of the department of communications, including the human resources and budgeting, in coordination with relevant AUAF administrative departments.
• Directs and coordinates the university’s marketing, web presence, media presentations, and print media with other related university functions
• Works closely with senior leadership to develop and refine core messages and communications strategies to ensure that they are presented effectively and consistently to broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact
• Identifies significant media and public policy issues to leverage to support AUAF’s work, and create and implement plans to exploit them (internal, external and crisis plan)
• Coordinates the development of a communications plan for the University as a whole and for specific functions, working closely with members of management and various constituencies of the institution
• Develops relations with media, government and public, in close coordination with members of the senior administration
• Compiles relevant data and information for use in media relations as well as in support of admissions and accreditation efforts
• Receives guests and visitors to the campus and manages events as assigned, in coordination with the development department
• Maintains and applies the style and brand guide for all print and web publications, ensuring consistent application of approved styles
• Oversees the content development, accuracy, and editing of all regular and occasional print materials, the website, and social media; writes items for print and web delivery
• Oversees organizational response to inquiries about AUAF; acts as primary contact for inquiry responses
• Develops, revises and creates policy and procedures for crisis communications, social media, public relations, and all other aspects of communications
In addition to the above, the Director position is also responsible for managing and overseeing the human resources, budget execution and normal director-level activities to facilitate the department of communications’ activities.
Required Basic Qualifications
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes
• Excellent analytical, project management, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience in administration, budget management, and human resources
• Demonstrated experience in public relations for higher education
• Master’s in Communication, Public/Media Relations, or similar subject
• At least three years of progressively higher responsibility communications experience that includes a blend of advocacy and media relations, strategic communications, and product positioning
• Minimum five years’ experience in the area of communications and public relations
• Demonstrated track record of positioning an organization to achieve tangible outcomes in a competitive communications environment
• Demonstrated experience in managing and motivating staff
• Demonstrated ability to coach and support senior leadership for media relations
• Fluency in written and spoken Dari and English; Pashto in addition strongly preferred
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Communication
To apply send a cover letter, résumé, and list of 3 professional references as one PDF document attachment electronically. Include “Director of Communications” in the email subject line.
All applications must be submitted on or before April 28, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Customer Service Agent at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|