Project Support Unit Director(1117 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Finance and Admin Deputy Minister, Project Director is responsible for all the functions related to the Projects Support Unit and other developmental projects of MoMP, Including implementing and monitoring the developmental projects, preparation of budget for new projects, reporting it to MoMP leadership.
|Date Posted:||04 Apr 2018||Reference:||MoMP/Project Support Unit Director|
|Closing Date:||17 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Need assessment and evaluates for creating new developmental projects
3. Design of new developmental projects for MoMP
4. Design and preparation of project budgeting for developmental projects of MoMP
5. Fund raising for new projects trough proper communication and coordination with National and International Donors communities
6. Maintaining proper business relation with Ministry of Finance, Office of Administrative Affairs, and other relevant entities for better and swifter implementation of Developmental Projects
7. Design of Implementing plans for Projects of the MoMP
8. Evaluation on accurate and in time base implementation of developmental projects of MoMP
9. Receiving project progress reports from Project Directors
10. Preparing and presenting on status of projects improvements for Seniors of MoMP
11. Prepare and provide projects reports for MoMP Seniors as needed for Higher Seniors of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Officials.
12. Providing any needed consultancy/ advisory on developmental projects for MoMP Seniors.
13. Any other task as requested by the office of H.E the Minister and deputy minister of Mines and Petroleum according to laws and regulations.
• Ability to prepare plan for organization or department and responsibility of managing financial, HR and technical field.
• Ability to prepare documents in the technical field and to represent from it in related meetings.
• Ability of managing and liaison with outside of organization and project.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• High level of personal initiatives, motivations, honesty and integrity
• Fluency in Dari or Pashto and English languages is required.
• Having past work experience with the Government will be an advantage
• The candidate should have at least a bachelor degree from any recognized universities in the relevant field and Master will be preference.
• At least 7 years of relevant experience for Bachelor and 5 years for Master is required.
• Past work experience with the donors or donor funded projects in the context of Government Line Ministries.
• Understanding and knowledge of donor funded projects and governmental such as Developmental Projects.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 17/April/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Project Support Unit Director must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, ,Ministry of Mines and Petroleum at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|اداره کننده شبکه at Da Afghanistan Bank||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Policy and Planning Expert at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||17 Mar 2019|
|Head of Mine Risk Education Department at Directorate of Mine Action Coor..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Chief of Quality Management at Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (D..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|