National Coordinator for AEITI Secretariat(1536 Views)
About Afghanistan Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (AEITI)
Afghanistan announced its intent to implement the EITI in March 2009, and became an EITI Candidate country on 10 February 2010.
On 16 March 2009, the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GOIRA) announced its en-dorsement of the principles of EITI, after which all remaining EITI sign-up indicators were entirely im-plemented to become EITI candidate country that was officially endorsed by the International EITI Board at its meeting in Oslo in February 2010. GOIRA has requested that the donor community provides immediate technical and financial support to develop good governance and accountability mechanisms in Extractive Industries Sector via effective EITI implementation process in Afghanistan. For this purpose, the AEITI (Afghanistan Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative) Secretariat was established within the Ministry of Finance in July 2010 to take the lead of EITI implementation in Afghanistan.
In Afghanistan, the extractive (mining, oil & gas) sector is expected to contribute a significant and grow-ing proportion of Government revenues for country’s development. In light of this, GOIRA has fully committed to EITI implementation to ensure that all payments and receipts in the extractive industry are made in an effective and transparent manner. To ensure that the long-term objective is achieved, GOIRA started with producing the first and second National reconciliation reports that required the services of an independent audit firm to collect, collate and reconcile all material payments made by relevant extractive companies and revenues received by the Government in accordance with the AEITI Reporting Template.
In following the EITI standard, GOIRA commits to publish all payments of taxes, royalties and fees it has received from its extractive sector. Equally, extractive companies operating in Afghanistan should publish what they have paid to GOIRA. Overseen by a multi-stakeholder group with representatives from the Government, companies and civil society, these figures are then reconciled and published in the AEITI Report.
The AEITI National Secretariat acts as a coordinating body and carries out the day-to-day activities of the MSG and is there to facilitate required administrative, logistical and other technical support for the smooth running of project activities throughout the process. The AEITI Secretariat is now seeking a well-qualified individual consultant for the position of National Coordinator for AEITI.
The National Coordinator position is the leading EITI position in a country, responsible for managing and supervising the overall EITI activities at the country; establishing strong coordination at national and in-ternational level is also part of the job of the National Coordinator. The National Coordinator, directly re-ports to the Multi Stakeholder’s Group (MSG), Chaired by the AEITI Champion H. E. Minister of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), and Co-Chaired by H.E. Minister of Finance (MoF). MSG member are consisting of the Private Sector, Civil Society and the Afghan government officials mainly from the MoF, MoMP and MoTCA.
|Date Posted:||04 Apr 2018||Reference:||MoF/AEITI/IC-01-a|
|Closing Date:||18 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical advice on EITI implementation to Multi Stakeholder Group (MSG), focus-ing in particular on implementing EITI requirements and rules to achieve AEITI " validation" and compliant status. Provide future directions for AEITI implementation;
• Support MSG in developing a three years strategic framework for AEITI, periodically review and update as necessary;
• Support MSG in developing and implementing AEITI multi-year work plan aimed at address-ing recommendation from the validation and reconciliation reports a well as for preparing for getting complaint status. Ensure the plan is continuously updated and proposed actions are implemented and revised on a timely manner;
• Assist MSG in developing EITI reporting templates for the annual AEITI report, and up-date/improve where necessary each year;
• Help strengthen the role MSG in the EITI process and coordinate meetings of the MSG in an efficient and effective manner as recommended by the validation report.
• Increase coordination between all stakeholders including MOMP, MoF, donors, MSG, and AEITI Secretariat as a very critical task for enhanced relations.
• Analyze/summarize each annual audit findings and prepare recommendations (in policy and technical systems) to the MSG;
• Help develop solutions on complex issues of EITI implementation through research and analysis of specific issues relating to revenues and payments from the extractive industry;
• Analyze policy implementation and policy issues effecting the extractive sector in a the country and pro-actively suggest possible impact in the curse of the achieving AEITI's objec-tives;
• Write policy briefings and case studies to guide the Multi Stakeholder Group, the Secretariat and other key policy level actors towards improving transparency and effective revenue utilization in the country;
• Identify weaknesses/lapses in the financial management of extractive resources (across government) and propose recommendations for their remediation;
• Help the MSG build mechanisms which go beyond the EITI implementation process in other to embed EITI into national governance and financial management systems and mecha-nisms;
• Help maintain close collaboration with the EITI Secretariat in Oslo and donors/ bilateral agencies and other stakeholders engaged in EITI implementation;
• Help develop partnership with regional development organizations, bilateral partnerships with regional development organizations, bilateral partners, civil society organizations, and resource companies in the private sector and public sector;
• Improve and maintain close coordination with the donor community and make sure donors are constantly involved to support the EITI process in Afghanistan;
• Develop a concise suitability plan for the EITI process in Afghanistan and make considera-ble progress in securing funding and financial support for the process;
• Develop and implement an effective and strategic communication and public awareness plan for the EITI process in Afghanistan;
• Contribute to organization and content of AEITI communication and learning events in the country.
• Assist in preparation National and International Conferences;
• Any other tasks assigned by the Multi Stakeholder Group.
• At least Master’s Degree in Resource Management, Finance or Economics, Management or any other relevant fields
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in the field of Administration, policy making, management, project implementation, monitoring and reporting and mining sector of Afghanistan;
• Having past work experience with government line Ministries' and as well as with donor communities.
• High levels of personal initiative, motivation, honesty and integrity
• Familiarity with AEITI mandate and working experiences in the areas of Extractive Indus-tries of the requirements
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Should be fluent in spoken and written of local languages and English.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Management
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) should be sent to the email address below by no later than16:00 hours (local time) 18 April 2018. Reference MoF/AEITI/IC-01-a must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Finance
Naanwai Street, Shash Darak, Kabul, Afghanistan
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Logistics and Procurement Assistant at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||21 Dec 2018|
|مدیر نرسنگ at Ministry of Public Health||Kandahar||25 Dec 2018|
|مدیر فرهنگی و بازاریابی at Salam University||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|کارشناس تحلیل وتصنیف وظا.. at Ministry of Higher Edu..||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Regional Cricket Development Manager Mis-Aina.. at Afghanistan Cricket Bo..||Paktia||20 Dec 2018|
|آمر مصئونیت at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|انجنیر دیزاین at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|کارشناس تحلیل ارقام at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تحلیل پلان at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|مدیر هماهنگی دونرها at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|Project Manager at ASARA||Multi Cities||15 Dec 2018|
|Environmental Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||15 Dec 2018|
|Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|CEO/Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|