Senior Legal Translator(1069 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
The Senior Legal Translator will be working with ADALAT technical departments and assist them in translation of documents from English to Dari (and vice versa), planning with technical departments for purposes of scheduling based on the need of Translation Department services, and is responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of Translation Department work-product. The Senior Legal Translator will report to the Chief of Party.
|Date Posted:||08 Apr 2018||Reference:||096|
|Closing Date:||17 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||128000 to 184889 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• When requested by the Chief of Party, provide senior level technical assistance on organizational and programmatic initiatives which involve operations of the Translation Department.
• When called upon, contribute to the development and implementation of program strategies which necessarily involve operations of the Translation Department, including initiatives that cross program components.
• Develop and implement solutions to programmatic issues, problems, and challenges which arise from integration of Translation Department operations with the needs of various ADALAT Activities.
• Translate legal documents such as laws, rules of procedure, by-laws, circulars and others in a concise manner from English to Dari and from Dari to English as requested.
• Provide interpretation from English into Dari and vice versa.
• Reference 1) previous uses of terms from official documents, 2) specialist dictionaries, 3) thesauruses and 4) other pertinent reference books, to find the closest equivalents for legal terminology and words used. Ensure consistent use of such terminology.
• Review translations as requested. This includes editing and/or proofing in-house and/or outsourced translations, and providing abstracts of translated documents or full translations as requested.
• Compile and translate legal and other project related documents, manuals, and reports for short-term consultants.
• Travel with short-term consultants as their translator/interpreter to provide consecutive and/or simultaneous translation as needed.
• Maintain an inventory – library of all translations in chronological order of all translations in both hard copy and softcopy formats.
• Master degree or equivalent with five years of relevant experience or Bachelor degree with seven years of relevant experience.
• Master or Bachelor in Law is preferred.
• At least five (5) years of experience as a translator.
• Translation experience with legal section is preferred.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent package, Email, Internet)
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
Afghanistan - Kabul
-Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and number exactly such " Senior Legal Translator 096 " or else your application will not be considered
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Translator (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Aug 2018|
|Translator/Interpreter for MoMP/ Information .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|