About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle. Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Translator positions at Organizational Capacity Building (OCB) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) sections under the supervision of Section Leader.
|Date Posted:||08 Apr 2018||Reference:||VA 18-004|
|Closing Date:||21 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Proofread translated courses
• Assist the Curriculum Advisors in developing and reviewing courses, if necessary
• Translate urgent translation tasking and meet tight deadlines
• Maintain hard and soft copy filing systems of the translated documents
• Conduct the “course translation workshop” for all the translators of the company
• Any other assignments from a supervisor and/or chain of command
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and oral English and Dari.
• Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with editing and proofreading the documents.
• Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
• Deadline oriented.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
• Development and management of an effective and motivated team.
• Ability to manage conflicts and balance a heavy workload.
• Must have a baccalaureate’s degree, preferably a bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated two years of experience providing written translation and interpretation experience, or four years of experience with a baccalaureate's degree
• Fluency in spoken and written Dari/Pashto and English
• Experience with document filing and record keeping
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than April 21, 2018. The subject line must be (Translator - VA 18-004), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re-announced: Translator for MoMP/PPG Project at Ministry of Mines and Pe..||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|