Senior Translator(1453 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Senior Translator position at Organizational Capacity Building section under the supervision of Section Leader.
|Date Posted:||08 Apr 2018||Reference:||VA 18-005|
|Closing Date:||21 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as senior translator for the team, particularly focusing on providing support to all JSSP Translation Teams
• Assist in developing, conducting, and evaluating training programs with all the JSSP program translators
• Develop capacity of all translators within JSSP
• Provide regular reporting on work activities or other reports required by the M&E and Management team
• Participate in Translators interview
• Perform any other duties as assigned by MGMT team and the chain of command
• Proven experience overseeing team of translators/interpreters, including recruiting and hiring staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience drafting work reports for submission to supervisor preferred
• Experience with hard and softcopy document filing and record keeping preferred
• Experience developing and implementing translation/interpretation courses
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
• Must have a baccalaureate’s degree with five years of professional experience, or a bachelor’s degree with three years of experience
• Demonstrated three years of experience providing written translation and simultaneous interpretation experience, or five years of experience with a baccalaureate's degree
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than April 21, 2018. The subject line must be (Senior Translator - VA 18-005), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Translator at SWC Construction||Kabul||15 Oct 2018|
|Translator at Lapis||Kabul||03 Oct 2018|
|Re-announce: Translator/Interpreter for MoMP/.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|
|Interpreter/Translator (Juvenile) at INL/CSSP||Kabul||26 Sep 2018|