M&E Advisor(1227 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for M&E Advisor position at Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) section under the supervision of Section Leader.
|Date Posted:||08 Apr 2018||Reference:||VA 18-007|
|Closing Date:||21 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect the weekly activity reports from JSSP sections, validate them with the JSSP database and consult with the related sections about their content
• Provide feedbacks on sections activities and ensure that all the sections are fulfilling their responsibilities according to the Statement of Work (SOW), and the work plan
• Assist in providing trainings to JSSP sections on quality data collection and proper use of the data collection tools
• Travel to the sites in Kabul and provinces to monitor and validate the JSSP activities (apply only to male staff)
• Develop baseline assessment needs to understand the requirements and develop a system to better track the day-to-day activities of the organization
• Conduct a qualitative/quantitative analysis of the JSSP developments based on the given indicators
• Review data for accuracy and enter them into the M&E database, Excel, Access spreadsheets and other analytical software
• Advise on necessary adjustments to programs in order to make them easier to monitor, assess and evaluate
• Review and assess the existing monitoring and evaluation system, develop indicators and a M&E strategy for the project
• Identify and locate backup documentation for reporting against indicators
• Other tasks as identified by M&E management
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and oral English and Dari.
• Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with editing and proofreading the documents.
• Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
• Deadline oriented.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
• Development and management of an effective and motivated team.
• Ability to manage conflicts and balance a heavy workload.
• Minimum five years of professional experience, including overseeing M&E for international donor projects
• Must have bachelor’s degree in international development, monitoring and evaluation, social science, or related field
• Experience performing M&E on justice sector projects strongly preferred
• Demonstrated experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, development of indicators, and data gathering
• Must be willing to periodically travel in Kabul and to provinces to monitor and evaluate activities (applicable only to male staff)
• Experience working with international donor projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than April 21, 2018. The subject line must be (M&E Advisor - VA 18-007), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Curriculum Development Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|M&E Officer at MAIL||Baghlan||23 Jul 2018|
|MARKETING OFFICER at Sky Travel and Tours||Balkh||31 Jul 2018|
|Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) As.. at The Asia Foundation||Multi Cities||28 Jul 2018|