Corporate Secretary(1022 Views)
-These are exciting times for the First Microfinance Bank (the FMFB-A). Started in 2004 as a regulated bank with a focus on Micro Finance, the Bank is now expanding into Consumer and Corporate Banking. At the same time the bank is heavily investing in supporting technologies to make our strategy happen. We are a bank in transformation on all fronts!
Over a 1,000 employees serve & delight our customers and commit their time & talent to help the FMFB-A become the best bank in Afghanistan. Now we’re looking for your talent.
This is a senior position in our organization. The corporate secretary is responsible for the efficient administration of the Bank, particularly with regard to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of supervisors are implemented.
The Company Secretary ensures that board members are informed of their legal responsibilities. Additional responsibilities include registration and communication with shareholders, to ensure that dividends are paid and to maintain company records, such as lists of board members and shareholders, and annual accounts.
|Date Posted:||08 Apr 2018||Reference:||FMFB-HR-0043-2018|
|Closing Date:||22 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and keep up to date the bank’s Corporate Governance Policy.
• Record all changes to membership of the Board and all Board and Executive Committees.
• File all required returns and notifications at Da Afghanistan Bank and inform Compliance of any changes that need to be notified to 3rd parties.
• Ensure terms of reference of the Board, Board Committees and all Executive Committees are reviewed at least annually and are being adhered to.
• Ensure that at the beginning of the year dates are set for Board and committee meetings that year.
• Oversee the arrangements for all meetings of the Board and Board Committees.
• Act as secretary to the Board and Board Committees (including taking the minutes).
• Maintain the training records of all Board of Supervisor Members.
• Facilitate training for directors, including induction training for new board members.
• Ensure required fitness and propriety checks are carried out when supervisors join the Board and at regular intervals thereafter.
• Ensure that the performance of individual directors is assessed annually by the Nominations Committee.
• Ensure that once every three years the Board is assessed by external consultants.
• Review compliance with the latest version of Afghanistan’s Corporate Governance Code and any relevant guidance on governance and advise the Board accordingly.
• Ensure that Board Members are operating under a current letter of appointment and where such letters are due to expire, bring this to the attention of the Chairman of the Board.
• Act as secretary to the Bank’s Management Committee.
• Ensure that each executive committee is capturing action points arising at meetings and that these are being followed up and monitored.
• Maintain a comprehensive action list arising out of Board or committee meetings and internal audit points.
• Ensure all executive committees are meeting as planned.
Excellent Command of English and Dari (Verbal & Written).
Problem Analysis & Problem Solving Skills balanced with creativity to seek, encourage and find effective services approaches.
Strong sense of urgency and initiative.
Creativity and Innovation.
Planning and Organization.
Vision and Alignment.
• Law Degree.
Ideally previous work experience as a corporate secretary at a financial / private institute.
Minimum of five years of experience dealing directly with regulatory agencies (Ideally with Da Afghanistan Bank).
Full knowledge of applicable laws and regulations impacting corporate governance.
Strong regulatory relationships; existing credibility with senior regulators is a plus.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with executive management, board members and regulators.
Proficiency in MS Office suite.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
If you meet the above requirements we are encouraging you to apply for the job, please send us your resume via email no later than 22th April 2018. Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy number as subject line.
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Chief Islamic Banking Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|