Compliance Officer(1336 Views)
-These are exciting times for the First Microfinance Bank (the FMFB-A). Started in 2004 as a regulated bank with a focus on Micro Finance, the Bank is now expanding into Consumer and Corporate Banking. At the same time the bank is heavily investing in supporting technologies to make our strategy happen. We are a bank in transformation on all fronts!
Over a 1,000 employees serve & delight our customers and commit their time & talent to help the FMFB-A become the best bank in Afghanistan. Now we’re looking for your talent.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures regarding the AML/CFT are communicated and followed properly in accordance with the highest standards of integrity. The Compliance officer is responsible for oversight of the Bank’s compliance with applicable rules and regulations. The compliance officer maintains appropriate control systems for the bank as a whole and report to Compliance Manager / CCO on compliance issues.
|Date Posted:||08 Apr 2018||Reference:||FMFB-HR-0042-2018|
|Closing Date:||22 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitoring Politically exposed persons (PEPs) and other High Risk customer’s accounts, transactions and activities, (timely and quarterly) as required and taking note of the background of the customer, such as the country of origin and source of funds, the type of transactions involved, and other risk factors throughout the First Microfinance Bank Afghanistan (FMFB A) and report to Compliance manager/ chief compliance officer.
• Monitor daily, all transaction reports, backup confirmation, license expiry reports and large cash transactions listing throughout all branches of the First Microfinance Bank Afghanistan (FMFB-A).
• Monitor and follow up the KYC updating records with branches including commercial main branch and ensure that the existing Customers KYC forms are exactly and timely updated in accordance with the requirement of the bank AML/CFT Policy and Procedure.
• Conduct efficient identification and monitoring for suspicious activities and transactions. Obtain documentary proof of suspicious transactions and checking customers in blacklists, UN watch lists accordingly.
• Ensure that effective identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions are proceeded and shared with compliance manager/chief compliance officer for reporting to FIU.
• Monitor and compare the actual with expected monthly turnover/ monthly income of each customer account within the bank and report the differences to compliance manager/CCO.
• Ensure that customer transactions must have supporting documentation along with transactions purpose and source of the fund, especially for high risk customers and those who have high monthly turnover as well as their country of origin.
• Assisting compliance manager with queries related to banking account /transactions made by government authorities such as Fin TRACA and DA Afghanistan Bank.
• Ensure the required new documents are obtained while changes of signatories, occupations, type of businesses, passport expired, license expired and visa expired.
• Maintain an effective record keeping of all compliance related issues.
• Investigates in case of Suspected activities and transactions of the customers throughout FMFB A as appropriate.
• Carry out any other tasks as given by Compliance Manger / Chief Compliance officer
• Working knowledge of a financial institution’s policies and procedures;
• Demonstrated knowledge of Afghan bank laws and regulations;
• The ability to understand and apply banking regulations, interpret government financial regulations and legal documents.
• Ability to proactively deal with any regulatory issues.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills;
• Ability to effectively report information and respond to managers, customers and write procedure manuals as requested.
• High ethical standards and integrity in professional dealings.
• Commitment to identifying compliance solutions that meet business needs while ensuring adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Banking Business related field or law degree or higher.
• 3-5 years’ experience as regulatory compliance officer in a financial institution.
• 2-3 years’ experience in commercial banking related activities
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
If you meet the above requirements we are encouraging you to apply for the job, please send us your resume via email no later than 22th April 2018. Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy number as subject line.
|More jobs in this category|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|