M&E Specialist(1714 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The M&E Specialist will work under the supervision of the M&E Manager and be responsible for monitoring and analyses of data on trainings delivered to legal institutions in Afghanistan. The M&E Specialist ensures quality of tools for training delivery and provides regular reports of impact and progress made by institutions.
|Date Posted:||09 Apr 2018||Reference:||IDLO/CPDS/07/2018|
|Closing Date:||22 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E Specialist will perform the following duties:
• Assist in pre-interventions assessment exercises to establish baselines and targets, as well as other relevant data to inform the program implementation strategy;
• Support in designing/revising the Program M&E Framework including: Theory of Change, logical model, logical framework, key performance indicators, M&E matrix, risk-management plan, and data collection tools;
• Ensure data quality through clear data collection and entry procedures, division of roles and responsibilities and periodic reviews for consolidation and reporting purposes;
• Support in drafting program progress reports as per the donor and partner institutions’ requirements;
• Conduct Real Time Monitoring (RTM) for the training delivered by IDLO and the partner institutions;
• Review the Real-Time Monitoring (RTM) reports compiled by the M&E and Program teams, and provide input to improve the quality of the reports;
• With the support of the Database Associate to design and manage the Program database or any other database required for assessments and surveys;
• Support in training the M&E and Program staff on the Program’s M&E Framework;
• Support in reviewing the program progress, and liaise with the Program Team to identify necessary programmatic changes to enhance program effectiveness;
• Provide rapid response to requests for M&E related data and information from IDLO, donors or partners;
• Support in drafting ToRs for the external evaluations, and facilitate in coordinating meetings for the evaluation team;
• Support to the Program Team in planning, implementation and work-planning; and
• Carry out any other duty within the overall function and level of responsibility of the post.
• Demonstrated knowledge of M&E frameworks, data analysis and synthesis, database development and report writing.
• Excellent knowledge of M&E principles and practices, including development of M&E frameworks, and logic models.
• Exceptional understanding of key performance indicators, and tracking of the indicators.
• Ability to design and conducted M&E assessments.
• Good analytical skills and proficiency in writing M&E related reports
• Be available to travel in Afghanistan for short periods of time.
• Experience in applying adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Graduate degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences, Statistics, Business Administration, or related studies is required. A post graduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
Fluency in English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Please submit your CV to the email provided, and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position (M&E Specialist) and the Vacancy number (IDLO/CPDS/07/2018) you are applying. Please read the vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meets the above criteria and if any application does not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview!
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||24 Dec 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||24 Dec 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kunduz||24 Dec 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|M&E Officer at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||12 Dec 2018|