M&E Officer(1499 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
M&E Officer is responsible for monitoring, reporting and evaluation activities and will work closely with the Project Manager to identify any potential challenges and gaps in the project implementation
|Date Posted:||09 Apr 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-16|
|Closing Date:||21 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Take a leading role in the preparation of field reports, including disaggregated data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management.
• Develop and implement an effective M & E mechanism for the programme activities
• With the technical advice of Project Manager prepare and regularly update monitoring formats, supported by user-friendly database systems, and train field staff in their use as required
• Actively assist in developing questionnaires and facilitate and conduct baseline and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities and train field staff in field level monitoring methods at all stages like pre- during and post monitoring of the project activities.
• Participate in generating donor reports, involving the monthly field data collection, the data compilation, tabulation, analysis and presentation of the collected data in prescribed formats and as advised by the MEL unit, Programme Development and Resource Mobilisation Department and the Project Manager.
• Ensure the accuracy of collected data from the field through different data collection methods
• Develop and maintain departmental databases and trackers for keeping an up to date record of data collected from sources
• Analyse the data and information and prepare monthly progress reports on major activities and submit to your Project Manager and others as per the need of the project.
• Entering routine monitoring and survey data, and regularly spot check the accuracy of data supplied and subsequently entered by others.
• Assist in the development and translation of data collection tools
• Actively participate in teams formed to undertake surveys, studies, evaluations and impact assessments of project work and document learning from the processes used. And take the leading role in organizing and facilitating the final programme evaluation
• Monitor and visit project targeted areas to ensure project progress against project objectives/work plan. This includes 4 remote districts in Kabul province.
• In consultation with the Line Manager, conduct independent research into various aspects of the main technical sectors and draft reports for approval of the Line Manager and specialists prior to dissemination.
• Provide inputs to finalize the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the project with support from Project Manager.
• Develop quarterly progress reports based on the annual work plan, with qualitative and qualitative inputs from the various sectors under the project.
• Produce or assist in the production of other internal documents, such as monthly field news, success stories as may be decided upon from time to time.
• Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by line manager.
Bachelor’s degree in in relevant discipline (statistics, social sciences, development studies or any other relevant subject)
At least 3 years of professional experience in areas of monitoring ad evaluation.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable operations team leader with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a) Ability to work with limited supervision
b) Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
c) Ability to demonstrate strong IT skills, including the use of in-house databases and the Microsoft Office applications
d) Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members
e) Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
f) A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
g) Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
h) Thinking strategically and understanding business practices, approaches, organisation, politics, and culture
i) Excellent communication skill
j) A good team player
k) Sensitivity to gender issues.
l) Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
m) Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuition and self-motivation
n) Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses
o) Active listener
Afghanistan - Badakhshan: URGO, DARAYEM
- Takhar: Chaal, Kalafgan
AF AF 12
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 21nd April 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Coordinator at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Herat||06 Oct 2018|
|مانیتور پروژه های ساختما.. at Ministry of Women Affa..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|M&E Assistant, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan organ..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|Regional Female M&E Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||25 Sep 2018|