Medical Coordinator Assistant(2686 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In the context MSF is recruiting Medical Coordinator Assistant for a post
|Date Posted:||09 Apr 2018||Reference:||MSF-256|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||64150 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
• Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context
• Participates in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.). Technically support to field team on data collection tool (MINOS), identify errors and do the correction. Share analytic summary and epidemiologic alert with Deputy Medco and Medco.
• Support projects’ development by answering medical questions related to medical data from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects
• Support the Deputy medical coordinator and Medical coordinator; represent MSF in meetings with different stakeholders. Assist the Deputy medical coordinator and Medical coordinator in the stakeholder mapping (organogram of MoPH, etc.) when need it.
• Follow-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the capital, organizing their transport, setting their further referral to reference facilities previously identified, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases. Regular up-date to Deputy medical coordinator and Medical coordinator.
• In collaboration of Deputy Medical Coordinator. Follow monthly up-date with pharmacist for short expiry drugs. Share the list with Deputy medical coordinator and Medical coordinator. Propose internal and external donations. After validation of Deputy medical coordinator and Medical coordinator, organize donation with pharma team.
• Back up of the National Staff health doctor and carry out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
• Carry-out administrative (inventory and management of the medical operational library, archiving of data and medical reports, etc.), information gathering and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking
• Give regular feedback to the line manager (Deputy Medical Coordinator) and report directly any issue or incident.
• Assumes the deputy medical coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
• Compile weekly relevant points (HP, Lab, Pharmacy, med coordination), and send to deputy medco and medco. Compile monthly medical sitrep for OCB med coordination and forward to Deputy medical coordinator and Medical coordinator (when needed).
• Flexibility: willingness to support MSF coordination for tasks which are not included in this JD. (assist/accompany HOP for meetings with the authority, assist Advocacy coordinator for the networking and accompany for meetings if when it.
• Regular visit (minimum 2 visit/project/year ) of each Projects to keep up-date picture of project activity as well as discussion with the team on ground and provide written report to the medical coordination
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
• Medical Doctor diploma essential
• Working experience of at least 2 years in relevant jobs
• Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs
• Fluent in English, Dari and Pashtu, written and spoken
• Computer literacy (essential: word, excel, internet; outlook)
• Result oriented, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management,
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Full Time / 40 Hours per Week, Saturday to Wednesday
Salary – 64,150 AFN (Gross Salary)
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
APPLICATION The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 24nd of April 2018 at 5 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Coordination Project via:
- In a sealed envelope at Médecins Sans Frontières / Administration departement / Coordination Office / Qala-e-fatullah, 3rd street, Kabul, Afghanistan .
The reference Medical Coordinator Assistant must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
|آمريت نظارت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 Dec 2018|
|Technical Consultant (Herat, Kandahar ,Zabul .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||18 Dec 2018|
|سرطبیب شفاخانه at Ministry of Public Health||Takhar||31 Dec 2018|