Plant Manager (Fruit Processing)(1164 Views)
About Agroindust Inc.
Agroindust Inc. (AI) is an agribusiness registered company focused on investments in agriculture supply chains and value adding facilities and providing consultancy services in Afghanistan. Agroindust was established in 2015 by Investone Corps Inc. (ICI) holding group which has an investment portfolio in multiple business verticals around the world with offices in Afghanistan, Europe, Middle East, Central Asia, and the US. Since its inception AI is continually making substantial investments in Afghanistan agriculture and livestock sectors and aims to be a business leader in supply chain and value adding for a variety of agricultural and livestock products. AI envisions being a leading Afghan private company in agribusiness investments and consultancy services and to play an important role in uplifting Afghan agriculture sector in the field of value chain development and agribusiness.
Plant Manager (Fruit Processing) will provide assistance to the company in horticulture Processing (Juices, Jams, Dry Fruits, Fresh Fruits and Vegetables), leading and managing the entire plant operations from raw materials to finish products dispatch. He/she will leads and manage the entire plant operations to achieve plant operations, operational objectives by recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing actions plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, customer services standards, resolving problems, identifying trends, meet plant operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual budget scheduling requirements.
|Date Posted:||09 Apr 2018||Reference:||AI007-2018|
|Closing Date:||30 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||International||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems and identifying trends;
• Developing, implementing, enforcing and evaluating policies and procedures through the incorporation of systems, regular inspection and needs;
• Developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping;
• Ensuring that all the processes are executed as per the standard SOP and quality of the product meeting required specifications i. e., zero non-conformances in the activities;
• Develop new/improve existing plant design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment;
• Lead and work out the technical up-gradation of plant in terms of capacity & efficiency and to finalize on scope of necessary equipment, machines & utilities;
• Develop new/improve existing plant operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes;
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures complying with legal regulations;
• Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed company’s expectations;
• Work out new cost saving measures & energy management in technical operations, manufacturing & maintenance operations;
• Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards;
• Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results;
• Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus;
• Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions;
• Share a trusting relationship with workforce and management;
• Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime;
• Commit to plant safety procedures;
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets;
• Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements;
• Meet plant operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing monthly, quarter and annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions;
• Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts;
• Analysis of monthly product requirements visa-vis the plant capacity and material availability in coordination with production, procurement, engineering & QA/QC team;
• Make sure that plant is putting out a quality product; product checking must be completed and finished as per project specifications before it leaves the warehouse;
• Keep the motivation and harmony alive in the factory and ensure start and finish times are maintained for optimum productivity.
• Provide constant technical inputs to plant manager in relation to procurement of machineries required for the company for various production and processing lines;
• Provide hands on technical support and supervise production team in various food processing factories that would be set up by the company;
• Undertake provincial and overseas business related trips when required by the management;
• Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) etc.;
• Ensure availability to respond to emergencies or other unexpected operational requirements (i.e. nights, weekends, or holidays);
• Perform any other task assigned by the designated supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate effectively, and to foster a professional image of AI by displaying a positive view of the organization both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt well to changing priorities, situations, and day-to-day demands.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to effectively manage time and resources.
• Organizational skills including written, oral, and electronic are necessary.
• A commitment to the continuation of personal professional development.
• Evidence of ability to build and maintain relationships and work effectively with clientele, technical groups, and other professionals.
• Minimum Master Degree in Food Technology, Food Processing Engineering or relevant field.
• At least 5 years’ experience in juice, beverages, dairy processing and food technology or related work.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Technical
Qualified candidates are encourage to send their CV with a cover letter justifying their suitability and abilities no later than 30 April 2018.
Please note; due to high number of applicants, we only be able to get back in- touch with shortlisted candidate after 30 April 2018 and the shortlisted candidate will invite for an interview and write the Position and Vacancy No. on subject of email
Office address: Agroindust Inc. headquarter, Karti- char Kabul- Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|تکنیشن اکسریز at Ministry of Public Health||Multi Cities||25 Dec 2018|
|Deputy Network Technical Manager at Easy connect ISP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|Social Safeguards Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||15 Dec 2018|