Nutrition Counsellor(642 Views)
About ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
To support public nutrition intervention in Kabul urban public Health Facilities
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||ACF_2018_786|
|Closing Date:||17 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||26||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||16911 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct counselling for pregnant and lactating women and mothers of all under two years children on appropriate infant and young child feeding (IYCF) practices.
2. Conduct growth monitoring of all under two years children and registering them.
3. Conduct anthropometric measurement (weight, height and age), MUAC and check oedema of all under five children.
4. Classification of all under five children in categories of well nourished, Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) and Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM).
5. Refer to proper services based on classification to address nutritional status.
6. Conduct regular nutrition education at health facility
7. Food demonstration at health facility
8. Take part in CHW monthly meeting and ensure nutrition issues are supported
9. Preparing the nutrition monthly reports
Being a female
Fluent in Dari and Pashto
Communication and interpersonal skills
Enthusiastic and team player
Dependable and autonomous
At least 12 grade school graduate
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
High School, Programme
Please send your CV and application letter to Human Resources Department,
(1) Shar e Naw, Herate Mosque Street, House , KABUL
Please mention the position title in your email subject line otherwise it will be rejected
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
please attach Any additional documentation(school certificate)
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Management Specialist (Rule of Law) (.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||07 Oct 2018|
|Refugee Program Assistant at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|Projects Assistant at National Group of Companies||Kabul||15 Oct 2018|
|Program Director at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||01 Oct 2018|
|Project Manager, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan org..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|