IT System Administrator(1305 Views)
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows:
1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment.
2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices.
3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region.
4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for IT System Administrator. To play active role in administrating the IT system, servers and resources and other IT related issues.
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||CRIDA-002-2018|
|Closing Date:||20 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The system administrator will be responsible to directly report to Senior IT Manager.
The IT system administrator is responsible to monitor, maintain and administrating IT system, servers, and other IT related resources of CRIDA. May install and configure server’s systems, diagnose software faults and solve technical and applications problems of servers and system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The IT system administrator is mainly responsible for the smooth running of IT systems and ensuring that user’s needs are met. In addition, his/her specific duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Provide installation and maintenance of all IT system equipment classified as:
Servers, SANs, NAS, Routers, Firewall, Switches.
Workstations connected to a LAN/ WIN 7/10 Servers.
• Perform installation of “Windows” software on servers and all new computers.
• Monitoring the performance of the whole network and to troubleshoot all areas including cables, and other media linked to the network configuration.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of server-based computer systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot common Hardware and Software issues.
• Studies problems (or anticipates potential problems) and suggests which procedures, methods, or techniques are required for computer-based solution to the problems.
• Explains the capabilities and limitations of computing to users with no technical background.
• Assist IT management with drafting documents, planning and implementation of strategies and policies.
• Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
• Assists in orientations, training programs, and preparation of user training manuals on various network applications.
• Identifies systems errors and recommends system modifications.
• Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously.
• Any other tasks similar to the responsibility level or duties assigned by IT Management.
• MSCE, MCITP and MCSA-Windows Server 2012 or later.
• Microsoft Enterprise Architecture
• CISCO standard networks
• Microsoft Server Administration
• IP Telephony (Huawei, CISCO, etc)
• Data center virtualization (VMWare ESXi)
• Computer Data Security, and Backup
• Microsoft Server high availability configuration
• Well familiar with system administration and ensure smooth running of the system.
• Technical expertise in OSI Model, Ethernet networks configuration, TCP/IP, IP addressing, and structured cabling skills.
• Working knowledge of client server, Windows 7/10 server, VMWare ESX Server Virtualization, administration, and install and configure Linux/Unix firewalls
• Good oral and written skills in Pashto, Dari and English.
• Bachelor in Computer Science or IT
Minimum of 3 years of professional working experience in IT system administration.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
To apply for the above position, please email your application, together with an update CV before 20 April, 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
House #214, Street #4, 4th Precinct
Solh Road, Ansari 1st Stree, Haji Yaqoob Square, Share-Naw
Kabul, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
CRIDA will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short-listed candidates.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Trainer at NETLINKS||Kabul||21 Sep 2018|
|Software Developer at CH.A CO (Chartered Accountant Company)||Herat||30 Sep 2018|