Finance Manager(789 Views)
About Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)
The Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU) is a premier, independent and impartial research organization based in Kabul. It envisions an Afghanistan where policy decisions are made on the basis of evidence, open debate and widespread public awareness in the belief that this will better reflect the priorities of Afghans. Information about AREU is available on AREU’s website: www.areu.org.af.
The Finance Manager will be based in Kabul will report to the Director. The Finance Manager will be responsible in providing leadership in the overall financial management of AREU operations. He will ensure financial compliance with donor regulations and reporting requirements as well as review monthly financial reports, identify compliance issues, assist in budget preparation and monitor actual expenses.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Financial Accounting
• Financial management
• Closing Fiscal year
• Working on Annual Tax Return to MoF
• Budgeting/Budget tracking
• Financial Reporting to respected donors
• Reconciliation of accounts/supporting documents compliance with IFRSs/ISA system
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||006AREU|
|Closing Date:||25 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
General responsibilities include:
• Supervise accountancy procedures: Filing of documents, allocation of expenses, vouchers registration, balance checking, etc.; Verify and compile monthly accounts from each base; Communicate accounts on a monthly basis; Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents in conformity with AREU procedures;
• Treasury: Open/close bank accounts on the authority of the Director; oversee the management of bank accounts: Follow up transfers, check balances, check authorized signatures;
• Supervise the management of safes and cash: Available amount, balance checks, security instructions; Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and ensure fund availability; Manage money transfers, advances and amounts in circulation, whilst defining payment procedures (bank transfer, cheque, cash etc.);
• Commitment of expenditure: Set up and formalize procedures for the commitment of expenditure, conform to AREU procurement guidelines: Ensure that signatures of authorized staff members are collected; Ensure that procedures are adhered to in terms of contracts and payments; Ensure that proofs of purchase are valid (contracts, orders, bills, invoices, delivery receipts etc);
• Develop budgets for project proposals according to AREU/project needs and Donor requirements; draft financial reports (mid-term and final) respecting contractual deadlines; Respect and follow Donor procedures for each Grant agreement in terms of financial reporting.
• Monitor and follow up compliance of budget: Develop tables necessary for financial monitoring and for budget follow up within the organization; Analyse gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses; Anticipate financial risks; Calculate and provide AREU Project Managers and Director with the monthly operating and project costs analyses;
• Manage AREU Reserve Funds in accordance to the AREU procedures. Prepare periodical financial reports for the AREU board with the cooperation of Director. Be focal point of any financial matters for the Board and for the AREU management team.
• Draft the structure and ToRs of the finance department according to the organization development; Oversee the work of the team and undertake appraisals of directly supervised colleagues; Ensure the training and capacity building for finance team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department; Enhance Internal financial and accounting procedures and develop relevant management procedures within the team; Facilitate improvement of information flows within the department and with other departments;
• At least five years accounting/financial management experience with non-profit International NGOs.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant fields is required. Master Degree in relevant field is highly preferred.
• Good spoken and written Dari, Pashto and English skills
• Knowledge of computers MS-Office, Office Automation including (SAGE ACCPAC and QuickBooks Accounting Software)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong administrative/office management skills;
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a deadline of 25 April 2018, and an anticipated immediate start.
Please apply by sending a CV/resume and a cover letter outlining how your experience relates to the skills and experience in the qualifications to the below email address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|(معاون محاسبه جنسی و نقدی.. at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Finance Specialist / Officer at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|(مدیر مالی و اداری (اناث at Omid Female VTC||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Financial Analyst at Office of Senior Advisor to the President of Afghani..||Kabul||21 May 2018|
|Finance & Operation Unit Head at GPI||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Finance Assistant at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Treasury Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at ALEF Technology||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|ACCOUNTANT at Natural Stone Processing Company||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|ACCOUNTANT at DAI||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|(Financial Reporting Officer) کارمند ر.. at DABS||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|آمر بودجه at وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ||Kabul||29 Apr 2018|
|Finance & Operations Manager at Afghanaid||Daikondi||29 Apr 2018|
|Finance Intern at Hawk Vision||Kabul||26 Apr 2018|
|Senior Finance Specialist at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|معاون معتمد at DABS/KBD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|آمر مالی و محاسبه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sew..||Herat||24 Apr 2018|
|Admin & Finance Manager at Allamah University||Kabul||09 May 2018|
|Tax Manager at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Accountant For Spare parts Section at Habib Faiz Construction Group||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|