VWO Deputy Executive Director(752 Views)
About Voice of Women Organization
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan based national NGO operating in the Western Region of Afghanistan. VWO is striving to utilize the international assistance in the best interest of the Afghan communities through projects in various sectors, especially in approaching women rights and women empowerment in the society.
The Deputy Executive Director will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of VWO. He/she will be responsible to direct and control the organization’s operations and management and with the support of ED to provide strategic guidance and direction to the fellow staff to ensure that the organization achieves its mission and objectives.
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||VWO-112|
|Closing Date:||20 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Facilitate the process of VWO strategic plan implementation for the organization.
2. Ensure proper implementation of VWO strategies as per VWO policies and procedures.
3. Suggest new ideas to ED in order to improve performance and assure VWO sustainability.
4. Provide overall leadership and support to VWO senior management staff.
5. Attend stakeholder and donor meetings.
6. Ensure that all staff are effectively employed and adequately trained to perform their responsibilities and operational tasks in an ethical and responsible manner.
7. Create environment with the help of ED and PC, where efficiency and effectiveness is ensured by motivational factors.
8. Plan and implement the annual calendar of activities including fundraising initiatives, special events and the official administrative acts.
9. Coach departmental manager in preparation of annual/project plan of departments, submit them to ED for approval and ensure coordination between them.
10. Monitor and ensure the achievement of VWO objective within the constraints of time, quality and cost in order to protect stakeholder’s interests.
11. Follow up the projects impact through a proper communication channels.
12. Oversee the preparation of the annual report, accounts of the organization and ensure their approval by the ED.
13. Ensure proper implementation of departmental plans and submit summary of regular monitoring report to ED.
14. Ensure proper filing of permanent documents (MOUs, Fact sheets, stakeholder analysis, Strategic plan, Monitoring reports, and any other relevant appropriate documents).
15. Ensure proper implementation of VWO visibility Plan (Brand Recognition Plan).
16. Represent and manage the VWO relation with the public, and stakeholders.
17. Ensure data provision to and coordination with internal/external auditor.
18. Ensure the implementation of recommendation made by internal auditor.
19. Ensure the effectiveness of internal control and that risk management is considered in all level of organization.
20. Manage and chair weekly and monthly staff meetings.
21. Act as Officer In-Charge (OIC) in absence of Executive Director
22. Coordinate and manage board of director’s meetings on semi-annual basis and when required.
23. Any other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
• University Degree in Business Administration required. MBA preferred.
• 5 years of experience in managing positions.
• Having excellent oral and written communication skills in English - Compulsory, Dari & Pashto
• Ability to travel both inside and outside of Afghanistan
• Ability to work demanding working conditions.
• Strong management skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria can send their updated CV & cover letter to the following email address which is mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy number (VWO-112) in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|General Manager at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Programme Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Clerk (SB2/3) at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Aug 2018|
|Global Medical Service Management at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||01 Aug 2018|
|Executive director: Eshteghal-Zaiee – Karmo.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|SR. Procurement Specialist : Eshteghal-Zaiee.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Economic Analyst to MoMP/ Cadastre Directorat.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Contract Management Expert to MoMP/ Cadastre .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|