National Mycotoxin Specialist(555 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Afghanistan Agriculture Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality.
He/she will work under the direct supervision of National Plant Protection Coordinator and MAIL/PPQD Director and perform different confirmatory tests in lab for presence level or absence of Mycotoxin in agriculture products/ commodities.
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||166/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||30 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Laboratory||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collection of agriculture samples vulnerable to Mycotoxin production from agriculture markets, store houses, fields, flour mills, water mills, feeder mills and super markets.
• Testing of samples for detection of Mycotoxin in qualitative as well as quantitative manner by various techniques
• Operationalize the modern equipments/instruments in the Mycotoxin lab e.g. HPLC, Centrifuge, ELISAReader etc.
• Record keeping of all sample tests conducted on Mycotoxin(Aflatoxin, ochratoxinetc )in lab
• Preparation of list of agriculture commodities desirable to Myctoxin production under Afghanistan climatic condition
• Preparation of Myctoxin list detected in lab from various agriculture products
• Guidance oftraders and farmers on how to controlMycotoxin agriculture products by using different protection approaches through presentations
• Preparation of booklet on how to control Mycotoxin in agriculture products with the assistance of the International Mycotoxin Specialist working in the lab at BadamBagh.
• Preparation of Mycotoxin tolerance level list with the assistance of the international expert considering the World Trade Organization requirements.
• Any other task assign by Project Director or Agrochemical and Plant Protection& Quarantine Coordinator.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good knowledge of Mycotoxin production in agriculture products
• Be expert in using modern lab equipmentsutilizein Mycotoxin testing
• Knowledge of selection, handling of equipments and chemicals required in Mycotoxin
• Courteous and excellent communication and inter personal relation skills.
• Willing to work in difficult and challenging circumstances
• Good knowledge of computer (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power point) and reporting
• Proficient in English, Pashto and Dari, in speaking, reading and writing
• Master Degree in Mycology -Plant Pathology with minimum of 3 years working experience in the area of Mycotoxin testing in various agriculture produces will be preferred. or
• B.Sc (H) in Mycology -Plant Pathology with minimum of 5years working experience in the aforementioned area.
• Have enough practical knowledge of all/major types of Mycotoxins produced by microbes in agriculture products.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Send update CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mena, Kabul Afghanistan Or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Do not attach recommendation and Education documents; these will be required only in interview stage.
*Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without cover letter, the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
*Only selected candidates will be called for interview. All applications will be checked and validated against the above mentioned requirements. Any un-matching C.V will be automatically rejected.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!