Transport Planning Engineer(730 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The National Rural Access Program (NRAP) is one of the most important National Priority Programs (NPP) of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the program is the rehabilitation, (re-) construction and maintenance of the rural roads network in all 34 provinces of the country and it is funded by different donors, including the WB, ARTF, EC, DFID, JSDF , USAID and etc. The program has subsequent projects such NERAP, Shindand and etc.
The clients representative in the program has been nominated in legal document of project e.g. MSA and TA namely Program Implementation Unit (PIU). The program is committed not only to improve rural access in remote areas but also capacity building of national staffs in order to provide Ministry of Public Works with skilled and trained staff for future operation in which PIU and UNOPS consultants play the foremost role.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the NRAP-MPW general director, the Transport Planning Engineer will be responsible for assisting and supporting the NRAP-MPW department. The key responsibilities of the assignment include, but not limited, to;
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||33|
|Closing Date:||21 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Transportation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be observer according to Government Law
• Setting up provincial roads planning and management system for MoPW.
• Preparing a framework and criteria for identification, selection and prioritization of provincial roads under constrained budget.
• Identification and classification of Provincial Road as functional and administrative.
• Developing GIS based system for Prioritization of Provincial road for construction.
• Developing Road numbering system to provincial roads to identify its location and store the relevant data provincial road network planning management system.
• Support the preparation of investment plan for both construction and maintenance work.
• Collect, manage, integrate and analyze field data received from site.
• Develop provincial road network planning manual
• Coordinate with other units within the organization for possible support.
• Assist in the establishment of training programs for Team members.
• Attend weekly or any other meetings requested by General Director of NRAP, MoPW.
• Be able to travel to survey sites.
• Under go any task or assignments requested by General Director of NRAP, MoPW.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Must be familiar with analyzing data, modelling and data base.
• At least 3 years’ direct work experience in transport planning.
• Having experience of the same type of assignment in developing countries will be an advantage.
• Fluency in English;
• Good communication skills; and
• A good knowledge in application of software related to transportation planning especially in Geographical Information System (GIS).
The Transport Planning Engineer shall be suitably qualified for the tasks identified above and shall have the following basic qualifications and experiences:
• A university Master’s level degree in Civil / Transportation Engineering who studied in English language in a developed country with additional relevant trainings, bachelor in transportation engineering will be preferred;
• At least 5 years of general work experience in transport engineering, transport planning, design and construction.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Transportation
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address:. Application without subject of job title (Transport Planning Engineer) and vacancy No will not have concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview. Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply the language of interview should be in Dari, Pashto, and English.
4th floor, NRAP Building, Behind MPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!