Legal Specialist(442 Views)
About Afghanistan International Bank
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within ten years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country.
AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is seeking a Legal Specialist to join its Legal team. The Specialist will be part of a fastest growing and reputable financial institution of the country.
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||HR 14/02/2018|
|Closing Date:||23 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in review of current Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) of different departments of AIB, Contracts, Undertakings, Memorandum of Understandings and other legal documents to ensure compliance with the current laws and regulations of the country.
• Draft Legal documents, including but not limited to Policies, Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), Contracts, Undertakings, Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs), Memos, case reports and any other document as required, ensuring compliance with AIB’s legal policies and procedures.
• Conduct extensive legal research and devise and assist in analysis for complex legal issues.
• Organize and maintain legal documents in various databases, including the contract management database and Sharedrive.
• Translate, review and edit documents from English to local languages and vice versa.
• Assist in providing legal support to the bank’s day-to-day operations under supervision of Chief Legal Officer.
• Other duties related to Legal Department.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent and interpersonal and communication skills; the abilities to articulate ideas clearly. Research and investigative skills,
• Able to work in groups, strong drafting skills and strong coordination skills,
• Computer literate, fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the languages (i.e. Dari or Pashto),
• Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to changing priorities, operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Research, Drafting, Legal Analysis or Legal Translation. Priority would be given to Applicants with background in financial sector.
• Applicant must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Law or equivalent from an accredited university, (priority would be given to Applicants with LLM degree).
• Must be familiar with Legal System of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Knowledge of Banking Law and related Regulations is an asset.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Law
The application, consist of a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post along with up-to-date CV, should be sent via email (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number) before closing date to mentioned email address . Or submit hardcopy of application and CV at:
Kabul Head Office:
Human Resources Department
Shahabudin Watt, Haji Yaqoob Square, Shar-e-Naw, Kabul, Afghanistan
Contact: +93 (0) 20 255 0123
(Saturday to Wednesday – 08:30am to 04:30pm)
(Thursdays – 8:30am to 1:30pm)
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for assessment and interview.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Analyst at IDLO||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|Legal Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|Legal Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||03 May 2018|
|ترینر و وکیل مدافع at ILF-A||Kabul||23 Apr 2018|
|Defense Lawyer at ILF-A||Samangan||23 Apr 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|WEE-NPP Senior Legal and Economic Specialist at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|Legal Officer (Legal Services) for MoMP/APA-L.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||23 Apr 2018|