Deputy Chief of Party(1940 Views)
About Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation (CAAI) USAID Project
Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation (CAAI) USAID Project
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Kabul based DCOP will provide local implementation of project activities according to an annual work plan, and day-to-day management of field teams supporting capacity building in agricultural education, leadership, building coalitions and networks. The DCOP will manage relationships with key stakeholders, provide direct advisory to COP, monitor the work plan, and ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of results. The DCOP will organize, develop and monitor the project’s performance management plan (PMP), annual work plan submissions and will work collaboratively with other team members on project planning, implementation and reporting. S/he will be expected to interact regularly with project team, USAID mission staff, government officials, and other local stakeholders.
|Date Posted:||10 Apr 2018||Reference:||1|
|Closing Date:||30 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Leadership and Team Management
• Work closely with and supervise project personnel to ensure the strategic and functional integration of all technical areas and that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
• Oversee project planning, performance management development, and strategic communications
• Identify and evaluate strategic opportunities to collaborate with public and private partners to meet project goals
• Develop detailed work plan which identifies, prioritizes and sequences the activities required for successful delivery
• Ensure sufficient resources are mobilized (e.g. financial, human and information) to deliver on the work plan activities
• Ensure members of the project team has clarity as to their role, responsibilities and short-term activities and goals
• Ensure the team and each team member is executing to the work plan and meeting targets/milestones associated with all project work streams
Public-Private Partnership Management
• Lead interaction with stakeholders at the national and international level, ensuring that communication is consistent and aligned with the project’s approach
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with key personnel in governments, USAID implementing partners, research institutions, and the private sector including processors, seed companies, financial institutions, NGOs, farmers and other industry stakeholders in the areas of agricultural education and training
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Understand all reporting requirements (USAID, and Organizational)
• Oversee that all necessary data is accurate and gathered in a timely manner
• Review data being gathered to make suggestions and adjustments as necessary
Reporting, Compliance, Budget Management
• Assist in the preparation of narrative reports for submission to USAID
• Ensure spending is in line with the approved budget line items
• Ensure activities carried out are responsive to the indicators approved by USAID
The Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for providing local oversight for the accurate preparation and timely delivery of financial information. In particular, the Deputy Chief of Party:
• Manages funds and approves expenditures in accordance with Organizational and USAID procedures, cost principles, and regulations, following closely and in a timely fashion, the working budget of project funds.
• Conducts all activities within the scope of the project budget. Monitors and revises budget pipeline and conducts regular reviews of accounts to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial deliverables.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Advanced degree in a field related to agriculture and/or agriculture education
• Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team- building and representation skills
• Proven ability to conceptualize and lead the implementation of complex institutional relations and interactions among a variety of entities
• Strong project management and analytical skills as evidenced by leading roles on engagements of significant scale
• Proven ability to function effectively with donor- funded cooperating agencies, and contractors, host-country and government officials.
• Experience in developing communication strategies and capacity building/skill development desirable but not required
• Demonstrated ability to build alliances and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions to food security issues
• Fluency in English
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
To apply, please send a cover letter, current resume, three writing samples, three professional references and salary history by email. Applications will be reviewed beginning on 4/30/2018 and the position will remain open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!