Logistics Supervisor(1539 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting one Logistic Supervisor for a post
|Date Posted:||11 Apr 2018||Reference:||MSF-257|
|Closing Date:||21 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Logistics||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||32850 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Supervise the daily logistics activities through supervising the logistics technical team. Ensure the day to day maintenance of the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures according to MSF standards, protocols and preventative maintenance schedules. The tasks include, however are not limited to the following:
• Support the line manager in the day to day management of the logistics team
• Organise and lead team meetings, attend logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
• Ensure the development and follow up of the monthly, weekly and daily maintenance schedules (Hospital Logistics Management etc.), daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task
• Ensure the day to day technical support of the medical and non-medical facilities through follow up of the preventative maintenance schedules
• Ensure the smooth running of all MSF facilities through regular inspection of the technical aspects, monthly maintenance of premises and equipment
• Support in the follow up of activities for all technical matters of all logistic families (energy, cold chain, WatSan, construction, vehicles and generators, BioMed and IT+COM in collaboration with the Project Logistician
• Responsible for the monthly supply of technical logistics items, the monthly consumption analysis and the management of the stock in collaboration with the Supply team
• Responsible to write and implement projects in order to improve the quality of services in MSF facilities
• Manage and follow up all technical logistics orders and demands from different departments or health facilities (Job request follow up, maintenance requests etc.); provide support for local purchases according to MSF supply procedures; ensuring the quality control of technical items, reception conditions of freight or arriving material; setting up of materials before its shipment
• Plan together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities according to MSF standards
• Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
• In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organise and supervise the activities of his team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
• Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
• Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
• Supervise and organize the daily activities of the Supply team and ensure they perform the tasks linked to their role
• According to the set-up defined, responsible for the order, purchase, stock (only Logistic Stock) and freight management in the project level, monitor and ensure an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply activities
• Monitor and ensure a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, propose adjustments where needed
• Responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data
• Communicate with customers, keep them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritize procurement and transport according to their needs
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
• High school diploma (12th class) essential
• University degree desirable
• Technical diploma essential
• Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
• Other experience in similar position essential ; MSF experience desirable
• Essential: Fluent in Dari & English, written and spoken.
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Full Time: 176 hrs a month, day shifts Sat-Wed.
The Gross salary for this position is 32 850 AFN per month (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Herat
High School, Logistics
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Saturday, 21st April 2018 at 9:00 am with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to;
- Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration departement HERAT Project via:
The reference “Logistics Supervisor” should be mentioned to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!