NOSS and Curriculum Development Sr. Officer(723 Views)
The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD), is the leading Afghan Government mandated Ministry responsible for supporting and managing the needs and concerns of the Afghan citizens in labor affairs, social protection and welfare, and creating conditions (including policy development) that pave ways for balanced and sustainable welfare improvements in the country, including measures and effective service delivery in employment-intensive development paths.
Sustainable welfare improvements require widespread participation of the working-age population in productive work; however, the existing security challenges may limit the emergence of a private sector-led and employment-intensive economic development path. Therefore, the Government of Afghanistan continues to explore options and methods that may improve labor market efficiency and outcomes even under conditions of sustained security concerns.
MoLSAMD with support from the UNDP, are pursuing the “Support Afghanistan Livelihoods and Mobility (SALAM)” project designed to enable the MoLSAMD to carry out the implementation as well as a wider and rewarding social impact through execution SALAM project.
Under the National Implementation Modality (NIM) of UNDP, the Support to Afghanistan Livelihoods and Mobility (SALAM), is a joint program of UNDP, ILO and UNHCR in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD), to support the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) in developing comprehensive, coherent and integrated national and sub-national policy and institutional approaches for enhancing livelihoods in a time of crisis and protracted conflict.
The NOSS and Curriculum Development Sr. Officer will work in close collaboration with Sr. C/A Certification and Accreditation Specialist and Senior TVET Specialist and under direct supervision of senior NOSS and curriculum development Specialist and overall responsibility of Project Manager.
He/she ensures that all development activities comply with the approved competency based training processes and system approach.
He/she ensures that the development of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS) is carried
out in-line with the approved methodology and meets the quality assurance requirements.
Particularly he/she would be responsible for the followings:
|Date Posted:||11 Apr 2018||Reference:||MoLSAMD/UNDP/SALAM/CS/INDV/2018-01|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and prepare schedule for the development of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS), Curricula and Written Instructional Material (WIM) under supervision of Senior NOSS and Curriculum Development specialist.
2. Facilitate development of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS), Curricula and WIM for priority trades;
3. Assist Senior TVET Specialist and NOSS and Curriculum Development specialist in identification of skill areas to be developed into National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS) from private and governmental organizations, industry, professional body, TVET providers, NGOs and also in monitoring and evaluation of TVET delivery;
4. Coordinate for developing competency based curricula, training and learning materials, assessment tools, trainee portfolio etc. with other training and educational establishments and professional bodies based on NOSS;
5. Assist in organizing and conducting DACUM sessions for the occupation, jobs and tasks analysis;
6. Assist in training DACUM members on the approved skills standards development process;
7. Provide feedback to project management unit on the present and future strategies for the development of National occupational skills standard (NOSS), curriculum and WIM.
8. Assist in organizing and conducting Training of Vocational Trainers (TVT) workshops on the introduction of competency based training curricula, training outline, Learning and Instructional Materials, lesson plan, trainee portfolio, training methodology and pedagogy for the project TPs and other TVET providers as required;
9. Provide guidance to the vocational trainers on the usage of NOSS, Curricula, Learning and Instructional materials and trainees portfolio;
10. Any other task assigned by the management.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Qualifications and skills
Bachelor’s degree in Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), in Education, Business Administration, social science or related field;
Excellent facilitation, analytical and writing skills;
Fluency in English language as well as excellent ability to read, write and speak in Dari and/or Pashto;
Minimum professional experience of 5 years for in the area of TVET, curriculum development, training and teaching etc.
Prior experience as a Trainer in national, international or private organizations;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP) HR-Department at Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org must have in CC:email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Drupal Administration Training Consultant at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|English Skills Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|IELTS Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Hygiene Education and CLTS Mobilizer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and..||Ghowr||28 Apr 2018|
|Education Technical Extenders at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Parwan||28 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Faryab||05 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Manager of Technical Teacher Training and Pro.. at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||08 May 2018|
|مدیر اجرائی مرکز آموزشها.. at Asia Higher Training C..||Herat||25 Apr 2018|
|Gas Plumbing System Trainer at HELP FROM GERMANY||Herat||22 Apr 2018|
|Senior NOSS and Curriculum Development Specia.. at SALAM||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|HoD of BBA Department at Jahan University||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kapisa||24 Apr 2018|
|Assistant Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|