NSDP Program Director(1089 Views)
About NSDP | MOLSAMD
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
The Program Director will report to DG Skills Development and work in close cooperation with the International and national staff of the Program Implementation. He/She will be responsible for comprehensive delivery of the NSDP projects.
Initial duration of the assignment will be for 7 months with 3 months probationary period and possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget. This will involve the following activities:
In particular, the Program Director will be responsible for following activities;
|Date Posted:||11 Apr 2018||Reference:||PD/NSDP-01|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Play a leadership role in the strategic planning and management of the NSDP including the periodic review of the mission and vision statements for the NSDP.
2. Play a key role in the development and update the 5 year strategic plan underpinned by annual performance agreements.
3. Ensure operationalization of government policies in TVET sector (NPPI, National TVET Strategy and others) in NSDP programs and have contributor role in development of policy documents at national level.
4. Play a leading role in the development of policy to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Program and oversee the production of policy manuals covering TVET, finance, human resources and operations.
5. Establish close linkages and relationships with other key stakeholders, (donors, organizations, Government departments and implementing partners) to ensure that the work of the NSDP is properly understood and appreciated and mobilize resources for NSDP activities.
6. Prepare timely progress reports as required by the Steering Committee, MoF, and other donors.
7. Establish mechanisms able to identify the nature, quantum and level of market oriented training required to be conducted throughout the country in 1390, and beyond.
8. Implement strategies that will work towards establishing a competitive training market incorporating private, public stakeholders.
9. Play a key role in the development of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS) for those trades identified and needed in Afghanistan Labour Market.
10. Oversee the establishment of a training provider’s accreditation and registration system and in the development of a data base of the country’s training capacity.
11. Establish an organizational and staffing structure capable of implementing the objectives and work plan of the NSDP.
12. Participate in the development of HR policy and its implementation.
13. Undertake a number of HR functions including the recruitment, induction of management staff at central and regional level.
14. Provide advice and guidance to the NSDP Steering Committee and ensure that it receives regular reports.
15. Assist in strengthening the capacity of the training market in the area of pedagogical skills, and the quality of the facilities.
16. Provide leadership in setting the organizational climate and the work ethic of the Program.
17. Undertake any other duties as directed by the Steering Committee.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related field with 10 years relevant experience or Master degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other any related field with 7 years relevant experience and or Ph.D degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
b. At least 4 years’ relevant experience with Government or any national or international NGO in the development of key aspects of TVETT projects, and project management
c. Sound knowledge and understanding of Project execution and management.
d. Sound knowledge and understanding of World Bank procurement guidelines and procedures;
e. Sound knowledge and understanding of the Government’s administrative systems as well as the Government’s clearance and approval procedures applicable to procurement;
f. Sound judgment and interpretative skill for dealing with procurement-related issues and documents including, specifically, (i) bidding documents (ii) bid evaluation documentation and procedures and (iii), contract documents.
g. Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants and the World Bank staff.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP) HR-Department at Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org must have in CC: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|پوسته رسان at DABS||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Internship at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|سه پست مختلف برای طبقه ان.. at House||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|