NOSS Translator(1784 Views)
About NSDP | MOLSAMD
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
The NOSS Translator will work under the day-to-day supervision of Program Coordinator and under the overall responsibility of Program Executive Director. He/She shall work in close cooperation with the international and national staff of the program.
Initial duration of the assignment will be for 7 months with 3 months probationary period and possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget. This will involve the following activities:
|Date Posted:||11 Apr 2018||Reference:||NT/NSDP-05|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provision of accurate and timely official translation and interpretations services.
• Providing translation and interpretations of technical terms.
• Providing technical translation of NOSS (National Occupational Skills Standards) from English in to the national languages and vice versa.
• Providing translation of technical meetings and workshops documentations into national language and vice versa.
• Translation of documents prepared by NSDP technical support staff as required, from English to local languages and vice versa.
• Providing technical glossary of all vocational training materials.
• Assist in the development of training materials into local languages.
• Accompany national and international staff when translation/interpretation is required.
• Providing interpretation services to the Program team as required.
• Providing translation / interpretation service in related seminars and workshops.
• Translation of all documents prepared by Media/ liaison team for the MoLSAMD/ NSDP website from local languages to English and vice versa.
• Conduct translation services assigned by Ministry office / deputy minister of labor and any other related entitles.
• Translation of all Procurement related documentations (TOR, RFP / EoIs/ / Contract Packages Technical and Financial Proposals and all Bidding documents etc) in English to local languages and vice versa.
• Translation of Admin & Finance Department related documentations as required.
• Any other task assigned by management.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. Bachelor Degree in Literature or any other related field with 5 years relevant experience.
b. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, negotiating skills.
c. Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants.
d. Experience working with UN Agency or Non-Governmental Organization ( NGO)
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP) HR-Department at Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org must have in CC: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Re-announced: Translator for MoMP/PPG Project at Ministry of Mines and Pe..||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|