About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting one Translator for a fixed term contract of Three months.
|Date Posted:||11 Apr 2018||Reference:||MSF-258|
|Closing Date:||22 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||27250 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population. The tasks include, however are not limited to the following:
• Translate documents from / to mission language into a local one upon request
• Translate discussions / meetings as requested
• Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
• Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team
• Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating
• Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation
• Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate
• Good communication skills
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
• High school diploma (12th class) essential
• University degree desirable
• Good communication skills
• Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
• Fluency in Dari, Pashtu & English, written and spoken is a MUST
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Full Time: 176 hrs a month, day shifts Sat-Wed.
The Gross salary for this position is 27 250 AFN per month (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Herat
AF AF 12
High School, Communication
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Sunday, 22nd April 2018 at 9:00 am with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to;
- Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration departement HERAT Project via:
The reference “Logistics Supervisor” should be mentioned to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
|Provinces Agents at KaPUL Group Of Companies||Multi Cities||02 Oct 2018|
|Store Manager at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|