M&E Specialist (2 positions)(1055 Views)
About NSDP | MOLSAMD
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work under the day to day supervision of M & E Directorate and under the overall responsibility of NSDP .He /she will work in close cooperation with the international and national staff of the Program. The M & E Specialist is mainly responsible and accountable to monitor the trainees’ selection, delivery of training according to the curriculum, conducting tracer studies and verifying the submitted training provider progress reports. Additionally, works to collect and consolidate information provided by the regions for overall reporting purposes.
Initial duration of the assignment will be for 7 months with 3 months probationary period and possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget. This will involve the following activities.
M&E Specialist will be involved in the following activities:
|Date Posted:||11 Apr 2018||Reference:||MES/NSDP-10|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Checking the quality of the training provided by the NSDP’s Implementing Partners by visiting the training centers and apprenticeship to gather data.
• Keeping appropriate record of the data collected from the different visits and considers them as confidential..
• Monitoring that the progress of works in undertaken in a timely manner and that progress is against work plans.
• Supporting the NSDP in the preparation of M&E work plans, studies and progress report.
• Conducting Tracer and retrace Study.
• Assisting the NSDP/NATEJA with documenting guidelines and procedures relevant to the M&E system.
• Advise and if necessary train IP’s M&E staff on appropriate, formative M&E procedures to be adopted for sub- partners.
• Ensuring that IPs maintains regularly updated graduate tracer information.
• Overall monitoring from the progress of NSDP training delivery by training providers
• Reviewing and providing feed-backs about the technical parts of the submitted reports by training providers to NSDP.
• Contributing to the capacity building of M&E staff of the NSDP and training providers
• Helping in the assessment of the submitted expression of interest and proposal for funding by NSDP.
• Ensuring that the learnt lessons during the previous round of NSDP funded training are incorporated in to the new cycle of NSDP training provision.
• Managing and conducting the tracer study and producing the report
• Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. Bachelor Degree with 5 years relevant experience.
b. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, negotiating skills.
c. Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants.
d. Training and/or capacity building skills
e. Presentation skills
f. Willingness to travel to provinces.
g. Experience working with UN Agency or Non-Governmental Organization ( NGO)
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP) HR-Department at Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org must have in CC: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Monitoring and Evaluation SME at Dynamic Hal Consultancy Services ..||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|MEAL & Partnerships Head of Department at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Senior Data Demand and Use Officer (Re-Advert.. at Futures Group Global O..||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the I..||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at Afghanaid||Daikondi||29 Apr 2018|
|رئیس نظارت و ارزیابی at Independent Directorate of Local..||Kabul||28 Apr 2018|