WEE-NPP Senior Legal and Economic Specialist(1147 Views)
About NSDP | MOLSAMD
The National Priority Programme on Women’s Economic Empowerment builds poor women’s capacity to strengthen the economy of their households, communities, and the entire nation. It provides start-up technical and financial support to women-owned businesses, job skills, and financial literacy. The programme also improves women’s economic enabling environment through policy and planning reforms that will remove legal barriers to women’s economic participation; streamline and reduce regulatory barriers to women’s involvement in marketing; and improve the quality and use of gender statistics for planning and monitoring women's economic progress.
The programme falls under the Human Capital Development Council. The overall coordinating body, MoLSAMD has formed a specialized WEE-NPP Program Coordination Office (PCO) to support the line ministries as they implement the program. Working closely with the Ministry of Finance’s Policy Department, which is the secretariat for all Development Councils, the PCO has three primary objectives:
• To support the member ministries by providing specialized technical assistance, sharing best practices and lessons learned, organizing learning events; and resolving administrative and operational problems beyond the control of individual ministries
• To help the WEE-NPP ministries assemble management briefs, donor and government reports, and other documentation required in as efficient and “light touch” manner as possible
• To provide high-level monitoring and evaluation that lets Cabinet and member ministries assess overall progress, identify gaps and lessons learned, and align WEE-NPP to the national budget process
The Sr. Legal and Economic Specialist is responsible to review existing, draft and new legislations and find-out that it does not create any barriers toward women’s economic and social participations, the specialist will also work with Ministry of women’s affairs, (MoWA), Ministry of Justice (MoJ), Ministry of Haj and Religious Affairs (MoHRA), and ARAZI on raising awareness on women’s legal rights and their access to land, property and inheritance in accordance to the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, which guarantees equal rights to women and men.
The Specialist would be also required to in close collaboration and cooperation with Microfinance Institutes, State Banks, and MOWA, conduct situation analysis of women’s access to formal and in-formal banking and propose any changes to facilitate their better access to economic resources.
|Date Posted:||11 Apr 2018||Reference:||WEENPP-007|
|Closing Date:||24 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and analyze existing laws, regulatory frameworks, policies and strategies from gender lens and identify bottle-necks hindering women’s access to, economic, social and financial resources
• Review WEE-NPP’s manuals, especially those relating to finance and procurement, and suggest recommendations required to adhere to national legislations and donor requirements
• Work with relevant directorates at MoWA and MoJ to support policy reforms designed to improve women’s access to their rights, such as right to land, property and inheritance
• Identify gender gaps in the laws/regulations and come up with recommendations for analytical work in this area
• Attend meetings, dialogues, conferences, seminars and any other arrangements through which laws and legislations are initiated on women’s participations in economic and social activities and make sure that said laws and regulations take into account women’s rights and do not create barriers to their participations in economic and social activities.
• In cooperation with the Huqoq Directorate of MoWA, review relevant existing laws and regulations and as required, draft amendments and support the timely approval and endorsement of such amendments, including those that are currently stuck in the legislative cycle. The process should encompasses identification of laws that require amendment, make request for the amendment, send the request to legislative committee of the Minister’s council and Parliament’s, and obtain their feedback. After obtaining the feedback, send the law with the comments to AOP and once the law is endorsed and should go MoJ to publish it in the Official Gazette.
• Draft legal documents, including rules and regulations to ensure effective implementation of policies related to women’s access to basic services and rights.
• Assist MoJ’s relevant Directorate in processing required amendments and submitting them to Cabinet for approval
• Assist WEE-NPP, MoWA and MoJ in developing gender sensitive awareness raising campaigns on women’s legal rights designed to change common perceptions about women’s role in the economy
• In cooperation with relevant directorates in MoWA, MoJ and MoHRA, provide basic rights training to CDCs and women’s interest groups to ensure that CDCs and women have adequate understandings of their rights
• Conduct situational analysis of current access to finance, both formal and informal banking systems
• Conduct research using primary and secondary data sources on available mechanisms on credit/loans to women businesses
• Propose new policies for encouraging women’s access to finance and facilitating regulatory frameworks in favor of women businesses
• Prepare quarterly progress report under legal pillar of WEENPP and advise management on the way forward
• Prepare, review, edit and proofread a variety of relevant documents.
• Any other task may assign by the supervisor
Timeframe and duration of the assignment
• The assignment duration will be 12 months from the start date. The contract might be extended based on a satisfactory performance. The contract is subject to 3 months probationary period.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
It is expected that the WEE-NPP Senior Legal and Economic Specialist has the following:
• Having at least Master’s or its equivalent degree in law, legal affairs or any other related fields with 5 years relevant working experience especially in drafting legislation or having Bachelor’s degree with 7 years relevant experience
• Having economic experience will be preferred
• Demonstrate strong problem solving skills, especially for issues where there is little precedent
• Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
• Well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability, requiring minimal guidance.
• Sound knowledge and work experience in analyzing legal documents,
• Be well familiar with Afghanistan economic/financial regulatory system
• Having sound knowledge of women’s economic empowerment initiatives inside and outside the country will be an asset
Note: Preference will be given to highly competent female applicants
Reporting and Supervision:
The NPP Senior Legal and Economic Specialist will report to the Program Director.
The contract will be between the Senior Legal and Economic Specialist and MoLSAMD
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Qualified Afghan applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter including a contact number or email address.
The candidates should submit one page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position along with the updated CV clearly stating on the sealed envelope the Vacancy Announcement Number to Women’s Economic Empowerment Office at Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) and/or via email to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org must have in Cc : email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|